UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Ondra At It Again - 'Om' F9a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Jun 2009
[Adam Ondra warming up - screen shot from video, 2 kb]Adam Ondra has made the first repeat of the legendary Alex Huber route Om.

Ondra confirmed what many had suspected, Om is F9a, and seemingly quite tough for the grade.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=48008

catt 22 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Good video. He looks quite handy.
 Jack Geldard 22 Jun 2009
In reply to catt: I enjoyed the vid too. I like the uncut (well it looked pretty uncut) stuff on the traverse.

I wonder how hard that traverse is?

Jack
 teddy 22 Jun 2009
This is unbelievable stuff. I am sure Ondra will now raise the bar of the very hardest level after these superfast repeats.

Its cool that Ondra (and Sharma) get the thumbs up from Huber as Huber has not always been the most charitable of advocates of climbers like Bernabez Fernandez and Fred Rouhling who he has both publically doubted in terms of their own 9b ascents and whether he considered them as representing a breakthrough to the next difficutly level (which he didn't).
 ksjs 22 Jun 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: i think its 8c+/9a according to the text?
 creag 22 Jun 2009
In reply to ksjs:
Great video, love the way he climbs in slow motion... must be hard to do that! Adds a grade at least...

Oh and his mum/belayer is hot!!!
 Owen W-G 22 Jun 2009
His forearms are bigger than his biceps!
 Tris.w 24 Jun 2009
Siick - This boy is on fire
 SonyaD 24 Jun 2009
In reply to creag:
> (In reply to ksjs)
love the way he climbs in slow motion...

Yes, I agree!

Having just downloaded Flash Player so I can finally watch the video's on UKC, I'd say his climbing is simply beautiful!

Tris.w 26 Jun 2009
Does anyone know what the music is?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...