UKC

Drying out a Platypus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Moles 17 Jul 2009
I assume it's not good for the thing to have it sitting with droplets of moisture in it days on end; any tips for drying?

No respekt to the first person to pretend I mean the duck-billed kind.
 sihills 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles: keep it in the freezer until you next use it!
 owlart 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles: I find if I stand mine upright in the kitchen with the lid off, it dries out quite quickly naturally.
 richprideaux 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles:
Aww, and i was thinking of jokes and everything!
OP Andy Moles 17 Jul 2009
In reply to owlart:

Aye it's maybe just the moisst weather at the moment.
 leeford 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles:

shove a wired coat hanger in it and bend it to shape then hang it up by hte hook.
skarabrae 17 Jul 2009
In reply to sihills:
> (In reply to andy moles) keep it in the freezer until you next use it!

i`ll second that,never had any trouble (gunk in pipe) with mine since i started storing it in freezer.
 drunken monkey 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles: Store it upside down with a big wooden spoon or something inside the inner part. It'll dry out no bother.
OP Andy Moles 17 Jul 2009
In reply to davey_briggs:

Cool, cheers for advices.
 Denzil 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles: I drop mine down between the two panels of a radiator - the neck section is just wide enough to stop it dropping right through. Not ideal in this hottest summer for years, of course
Denzil
 tony 17 Jul 2009
In reply to davey_briggs:
> (In reply to sihills)
> [...]
>
> i`ll second that,never had any trouble (gunk in pipe) with mine since i started storing it in freezer.

I'd third it - keeps cleaning to an absolute minimum, and I'm always astonished at how quickly it defrosts next time you want to use it.
 krikoman 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles:

Tie it to a stick, leave it out in the sun, till it's bill withers

Oh and turn occasionally and comb it's fur regularly.

These always one, and it's quite often me
 Sean_J 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles: No need to keep it in the freezer - after shaking the last drops of water out, blow into the empty bladder to expand it and leave stood upright, it'll dry out in a day or two then you can put it away. Don't store it with the cap on. Take the bite valve off the end of the tube, shake out excess water and store it with both ends open. You can also take the bite valve apart to stop it from gunking up where the two pieces are pushed together. Had mine for 5 years and no problems!
ceri 17 Jul 2009
In reply to Sean_J: Much easier to just chuck it in the freezer though!
 'Hilda' 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles:

We leave ours hanging off the window latch in the conservatory - with the intention of putting it away when its dry (which we never get around to) - found it with a dead fly in it last week!
Giz 17 Jul 2009
In reply to andy moles:
Freezer definitely. You won't get any furry infestations eother.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...