UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Drew Haigh: British Lead Competition Champion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Jul 2009
[BMC Junior Climbing Team, 3 kb]When Drew Haigh started climbing he had three main ambitions: to onsight 8a, to redpoint 8c and to become the British Lead Competition champion.

So far he's onsighted around 120 8a sport climbs, a few weeks ago he climbed a stout 8b+ and 8c looks on the cards quite soon

......then last weekend at the BMC British Lead Climbing Championships held at the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena near Ratho, Edinburgh, in Scotland, Drew Haigh became British Lead Competition champion.

WITH VIDEO OF DREW'S WINNING ASCENT

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=48468

In reply to UKC News: Absolutely awesome display of climbing at the top level. I hate how he makes it look so easy.....

Well done Drew.
 Joolz 22 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News:

I miss the girly screams he did on 'Cry Freedom'

Did you edit them out Drew?

Well done!
MB - Profile removed 22 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Hello drew!

Its me, your good old buddy Matt Birch. Cracking job on winning the BLCC this year! Stiff competition, ay? I guess when you set your goals you knew it wouldnt be long before all the good climbers got bored and gave up! Theyll be giving british championships out with frosties soon..

Seriously though, how the sod are we supposed to compete on a world level when patxi regularly onsights 8c? Adrian baxter came 3rd and didnt even place in the worlds.

Cheerio and fire the rigg old bean!

Yours forever,

Matty boy...
 Steve13 23 Jul 2009
Would've been interesting to see how Gaz would've performed if he had focused only on the lead comp and not bothered with the bouldering comp. 6th place seems a bit unusual for the defending champ given his recent tick list, like true north.

But super gratz drew!! love ocdbags!!
 Andy S 25 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News: Well done Mr Haigh. Fine display. I do wish you'd do some Sharma screams though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...