UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Relocate: Catalunya, Spain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 03 Aug 2009
[Bolted Granite in the Catalan Pirineus: Lisi Roig on ‘Salem Alekum’ (6c) in Cavallers., 3 kb]Pete O'Donovan catapults us across the channel and down to Catalunya, Spain.

Is it all sun drenched limestone, tapas and cold cerveza?

Yes, actually, it is! Find out more in this superb photo article.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1969

In reply to UKC Articles: Very good article. Is it me or are some of those icicles yellow?
In reply to UKC Articles: Oh and Pete - what is that lady doing with the inflatable man? Strategic valve positioning?
 BelleVedere 03 Aug 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:

How come the temperatures are in F rather than C ?
interdit 03 Aug 2009
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:
> (In reply to UKC Articles) Very good article. Is it me or are some of those icicles yellow?

tar & smoke from the chimney - that's why it's only a small section in the middle.

we get the same on our roof. it's nothing to do with me taking a whiz out of the skylight.
 nz Cragrat 09 Aug 2009

great article
 Madblock 01 Sep 2009
Barca and Athletic de Bilbao fans would be silent because the Spanish national anthem has no lyrics. But Barcelona has another team Real Espanyol but I guess they are silent too. Football and politics are very passionate subjects and distract a lot from the climbing that is exceptional all over Spain, whoever you are and wherever you live.
 LeeWood 20 Sep 2009

That makes a good read. One might get the impression that this region is just for hard climbers, or certainly its those which Pete favours attracting. The region provides climbs of quality at all grades and you could have many a great day out at V+.

Apart from climbing, the crux to living abroad is integration: language and then culture which as noted are thriving in Catalunya. A climbing community might provide greater commonality but you still have to get on with the locals; easier in city environments and surely true for Barcelona. Of course getting a local partner hedges the bets ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...