UKC

The Final nail in Climber Magazine's coffin...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon 09 Dec 2009
1st they got Rid of Bernard, Then John Horscroft & now Si Pantons bouldering columns...

Thats it - no more climber - how can you get rid of 3 great talents & bung the mag with filler & people not notice?

Subscription cancelled, thanks Si for all the great articles - I was even proud to be in a few!

Si
 Toby S 09 Dec 2009
In reply to Simon:

I can't remember the last I bought any of the climbing rags. I get most of my news from UKC and find it to be a better resource for articles and "how to's"
 Dom Whillans 09 Dec 2009
In reply to Simon:
i like perrin, but won't buy the mag... haven't for a couple of years now.
 Dominion 09 Dec 2009
In reply to Simon:

Do you think that this may possibly be down to the decrease in advertising revenue that the magazine makes?

You say now that they are going to "bung the magazine with filler" - maybe you should look at that as an opportunity to get in there and make a contribution yourself, and ensure that the filler isn't "filler".

Of course, you can always look on the negative side, rather than see it as an opportunity...
In reply to Simon:

It gets worse: 'as of right now' their web site isn't opening. Well, I can't get it to open. Maybe they're just having a temporary glitch ?
OP Simon 09 Dec 2009
In reply to Dominion:

I have enough on really with other writing mate - and I think they are limiting the contributions - maybe that's why 2 great writers have been taken out of the mag?

I did do some work with Bernard & Si in the days when they had a strong team of writers. I notice that Mikey's not been in much recently...

..UKC & UKbouldering seem to be cornering the instant market - sign of the times I guess!?

Si

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...