UKC

clog nuts thingys??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 al123 11 Aug 2010
hi, i have these clog nuts but they arent nuts and i dont know what they are called, they are a sort of thinner hex shape with 2 sticky out bits almost like finger, does anyone know what they are called and if i can get hold of
any anywhere?? if they do smallish sizes they could be quite handy
cheers
 jimjimjim 11 Aug 2010
In reply to al123: I know what you mean...they're called clag nuts, i get them all the time.

I'll get my coat..
 m dunn 11 Aug 2010
In reply to al123: Clog Cogs?
 Fidget 11 Aug 2010
In reply to al123:

Clog cogs as the above poster said. Definitely not available anywhere new, although some ukc-ers may have the odd one or two kicking about.
 Null 12 Aug 2010
In reply to al123:
>, does anyone know what they are called and if i can get hold of
> any anywhere?? if they do smallish sizes they could be quite handy

Clog Cogs as noted above.

I still have a huge one which I use occasionally.

I remember quite liking the small sizes but they tended to get jammed and in the end I decided normal hexes were better.
The very big ones you can "get at" with your fingers so it's easier to wiggle them about for extraction.

The concept of curved torquing in itself was good, but they didn't think of bolting two together and spring loading them.
Tricams represent another improvement on the Cog concept, taking the idea astep further.
Poor old Cogs became extinct (except for a few living fossils).
OP al123 12 Aug 2010
In reply to al123: oh right, cheers, they seem quite usefull in some placements
 scoot 12 Aug 2010
In reply to al123: Out of interest: Does anyone have any pictures of these artefacts?
 KeithAlexander 13 Aug 2010
In reply to scoot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/Basilisk613/ClogCogs2.jpg

I've got some threaded with old tape that I don't trust enough to use, but haven't bothered to replace. When I have used them, they seemed to sit pretty well.
 Charlie_Zero 13 Aug 2010
In reply to scoot:

I tried to upload a photo of what I believe to be a Clog Cog to my UKC photo gallery - but it has been referred by the volunteer photo mod. to the photo editor for final approval, goodness knows why! Perhaps it's not sufficiently climbing-related!!

If it ever gets approved I'll link it into this thread.
Duncan P 13 Aug 2010
In reply to al123:

I have some... around 6 or 7 i think. They're not on wires or cord so would need that but never been used. Willing to sell...
 Charlie_Zero 17 Aug 2010

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...