UKC

Successful expedition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 29 Aug 2010
This forum has been good for advice, we had a successful trip to Kyrgyzstan. Still plenty of unclimbed stuff there if anyone is interested!

http://torugarttoo2010.blogspot.com/
 thomm 29 Aug 2010
In reply to Roberttaylor:
Looks like a great trip - thanks for sharing. Look forward to reading more about it.
 mlt 30 Aug 2010

Great stuff, especially considering you only had 12 days out there!

Don't know if you've heard of the Djangart region (returned in early August), but check out www.kyrgyzstan2010.com if you're interested etc.

Cheers,

Matt Traver
 AlH 30 Aug 2010
In reply to Roberttaylor:Good job guys, now enjoy all those little luxuries at home that you missed whilst you were away!
jackcarr 30 Aug 2010

Awesome, especially for 12 days climbing! How long was the entire trip? I take it getting around ate up a good few days?
 JdotP 30 Aug 2010
In reply to AlH:
> (In reply to Roberttaylor)Good job guys, now enjoy all those little luxuries at home that you missed whilst you were away!

Hahaha tell me all about it! During the expedition I developed a food craving hitlist... Battered Haggis & Chips, my Venison Curry, my iced fruitcake, the 3 course lunch for £6.50 in the Caffe Salvo in Edinburgh...
 Axel Smeets 30 Aug 2010
In reply to monkey kong:

Congratulations fellas. Sounds like a great trip.

Bit of a long shot this, but when you were in Bishkek at the start of the trip, can you remember meeting a crazy Aussie from Tasmania? The said bloke was on my trip to Muztagh Ata and he arrived in Bishkek a few days before me (about 21st July I think). He mentioned he had spoken to a few lads from Edinburgh who were doing some unclimbed peaks in Kyrgyzstan and I had read about your trip before I went, and assumed it must be you.
 JdotP 30 Aug 2010
In reply to Axel Smeets:
> (In reply to monkey kong)
>
> Congratulations fellas. Sounds like a great trip.
>
> Bit of a long shot this, but when you were in Bishkek at the start of the trip, can you remember meeting a crazy Aussie from Tasmania? The said bloke was on my trip to Muztagh Ata and he arrived in Bishkek a few days before me (about 21st July I think). He mentioned he had spoken to a few lads from Edinburgh who were doing some unclimbed peaks in Kyrgyzstan and I had read about your trip before I went, and assumed it must be you.

Yes we did! We had dinner with him one night in Bishkek...
 Axel Smeets 30 Aug 2010
In reply to monkey kong:

One crazy motherf*cker!
OP Roberttaylor 31 Aug 2010
In reply to Roberttaylor: He was good fun, we all ordered by pointing at a menu that night. If anyone has his contact info please direct him to this thread.
 Axel Smeets 31 Aug 2010

I have his email so will direct him to the thread.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...