UKC

UKC JOB ALERT: Wild Country - Three New Positions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 15 Oct 2010
ukc job alert, 4 kb

The forthcoming relocation of the Wild Country business to Llanberis, Wales has created three job opportunities.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3099
 trish1968 15 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

£17,000 to £18,000 for a manager position doesn't seem a lot is that the going rate?
And I winge how much designers get paid I'll keep my mouth shut in future.
 Monk 15 Oct 2010
In reply to trish1968:

I'm assuming the lure of being able to live in North Wales and work for a climbing brand may keep the wages lower?
 trish1968 15 Oct 2010
In reply to Monk: I suppose so I was just shocked such a big brand would pay so little for their sales staff.
I live in Manchester not the most affluent area but the wages are obviously better.
 trish1968 15 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: I've reread the job descriptions it's office staff not actual sales reps that explains a lot
 IainWhitehouse 15 Oct 2010
In reply to Monk:
> (In reply to trish1968)
>
> I'm assuming the lure of being able to live in North Wales and work for a climbing brand may keep the wages lower?

Not really, they look like pretty standard salaries for that sort of job in the 'climbing industry' to me. Which is why we all tend to get pretty peeveed when we here complaints about the price of kit.
 Monk 15 Oct 2010
In reply to IainWhitehouse:

I'd agree (hence the second part of my sentence). Also, I don't think the other two wages for the admin posts are bad at all.
 JMarkW 15 Oct 2010
In reply to Monk:

Basically 15-16k for a job that basically only requires only some nous, few computer skills and to use a phone?

I'd say that was pretty good.
cheers
mark
 Monk 15 Oct 2010
In reply to Mark Westerman:

That's what I just said!
 trish1968 15 Oct 2010
In reply to Mark Westerman: heee heee sounds like my job but without the phone. Think I'll stick to designing.
 Tyler 15 Oct 2010
In reply to Mark Westerman:

> Basically 15-16k for a job that basically only requires only some nous, few computer skills and to use a phone?

Shame, if only you'd had the computer skills you could have applied.
 jon 15 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

What's happening to the poor sods in Tidza who've lost their jobs then?
 JMarkW 15 Oct 2010
In reply to Tyler:

and you'd get a payrise.

Monk - sorry I was meant to be agreeing with you.

cheers
mark
Well, Makes an improvement from Being an outdoor instructor. i.e. £6k a year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...