UKC

Flabby Butt!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
SophieF 25 Dec 2010
I do a lot of running regularly, however i have quite a fat butt and the tops of my legs are quite fat.
Are there any ways of getting rid of that quick and easily?
 JLS 25 Dec 2010
In reply to SophieF:

"Quickly and easily"

I doubt it! You could give up eating but that is rarely healthy. I think there are genetic limits which the pure force of will can never overcome.
 JLS 25 Dec 2010
In reply to efrance24234:

I gather you consider that I am wrong in my assertion that we don't have full control of our body shape through training and diet.

Merry Christmas
 efrance24234 25 Dec 2010
In reply to JLS: merry xmas to you to
banned profile 74 25 Dec 2010
In reply to SophieF: im afraid that quickly and easily probably wont be the best way as you will just end up with flabby skin,best to do it slowly so your skin has time to tighten up.i would think just keeping doing what your doing with the running and give it time and you will get there.obviosly diet and other exercise can come into it i.e. if you eat 3000 calories a day or drink alot then you will have to do alot more than if you already have a balanced diet.
 dek 25 Dec 2010
In reply to SophieF:
> Are there any ways of getting rid of that quick and easily?

This is worth a quick try! )

youtube.com/watch?v=fh2mGHTXDyw&
Tim Chappell 25 Dec 2010
In reply to SophieF:

We aren't all meant to be the same shape, you know.

Eat right, get plenty of exercise, and if that doesn't change you into Jane Fonda... accept yourself. Works for me

youtube.com/watch?v=iULK2PfofJo&

Lukem6 25 Dec 2010
In reply to SophieF: lots of dyno's whieghted star jumps and lots of fast climbing on long routes.

but you sound hot! any pictures so we can just let you know if we think you have an issue.

Damn made myself sound like a perv time to log off before i get slated.

banned profile 74 25 Dec 2010
In reply to lm610: so thats why i never post on ukc if i want a proper answer
 Lukem6 25 Dec 2010
In reply to beastofackworth: So true, Wikipedia for good answers and just about every Forum for no proper answers only half assed oppinion. however I have just give my first helpfull post on a different topic... YAY!!
 KatieG 18 Jan 2011
In reply to SophieF:
Run intervals - Do lots of squats - Eat 1,500-1,800cals a day depending on how much you are running that day (8miles plus then 2,000 cals)- Limit fatty foods, fizzy drinks, 'bad' carbs..
Google - Butt Toning exercises and follow a program?
Rather than quick and easy aim for ‘Getting rid permanently’
=)
 wilkie14c 18 Jan 2011
In reply to SophieF:
In order to fully assess and answer your question, you need to upload a profile pic so we can see the 'affected' areas
 Ava Adore 18 Jan 2011
In reply to SophieF:

When I had a stone to lose a few years ago, I started running and, at the same time, went on Rosemary Conley's Low Fat diet. The combination of the two made a big difference to my body shape and particularly helped slim my thighs right down. She does say in her book that a lot of people have said that that's where they lose their weight from.
bobbybin 18 Jan 2011
In reply to SophieF: try cycling a couple of times a week, i don't know any femailes who cycle regulary who haven't got great butts, and i've done alot of research
 staceyjg 18 Jan 2011
In reply to Ava Adore:

and if Ava's figure is anything to go by, she has a very enviable figure!
 Ander 18 Jan 2011
In reply to KatieG:
> (In reply to SophieF)
> Run intervals - Do lots of squats - Eat 1,500-1,800cals a day depending on how much you are running that day (8miles plus then 2,000 cals)- Limit fatty foods, fizzy drinks, 'bad' carbs..

Not good advice.
Intervals are good way to get quicker at running, not a good way to burn extra calories.

Limiting your calorific intake will also reduce your ability to train- which will ultimately reduce the calories you can burn, and limit your ability to develop a phyisique that can burn lots of calories.

In the long run, it's doing long runs.
 jimhall 18 Jan 2011
In reply to SophieF: Just carry on what you are doing. as long as u are losing weight. you cant target specific areas for fat loss. its just genetic deposition. meaning some people will loose fat quicker from their bellies but slower from their legs for example. if you aim to loose a pound per week and know more than 2 pound that is healthier in the long term, as you will find it easier to keep the fat off. if you crash diet the boby will try to store the fat you eat instead of burn it.

i hope that helps. iv been competing in physique shows for a few years and have good knowledge base regarding fat loss. pm me if you would like me to explain anything in more detail.

jim
 _MJC_ 18 Jan 2011
In reply to Ander: 'Not good advice.
Intervals are good way to get quicker at running, not a good way to burn extra calories.' - Well, interval training increases the metabolism into the next day where as steady state running does not, so it has that advantage.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...