UKC

NEWS: VIDEO SERIES: 'Islands...' Part 1

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Dec 2011
Stuart Wood on the first ascent of The Big Link (E6) Hodge Close, 4 kbAs announced last week, we have a three part video series on traditional climbing in the Lake District over the next few days.

Here is part one, which follows Stuart Wood on his two pitch new route (The Big Link E6 6b, 6b) in Hodge Close.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65359

Franco Cookson 05 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: Ace! Great to see so much passion in a climbing film.
 Calder 05 Dec 2011
In reply to Franco Cookson: Some stunning footage too.
 Tom F Harding 05 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: Whats the music at the start?
 mark20 05 Dec 2011
Brilliant, I need to get on the slate next year
 Dave Parton 05 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: I can't believe how lean Woody is looking !! It was only 12 months ago he was a right fat pie eating bast*rd. Keep up the good work Woody ! I'm looking forward to sharing some epics with you next year. O and great footage by the way Dom. Well done.
Dom Bush 05 Dec 2011
In reply to Dave Parton: Cheers matey. I didn't see Woody eat a single pie in all the time I spent with him, he's turned over a new leaf!
 mark catcher 05 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: Nice work Woody, looks ace.
In reply to UKC News:

That's a good film.

"Trees, Treess are f**king great"

I wouldn't call that a tree, more like a twig.

Exciting top pitch, just the one bit of gear by the looks of it.
 Scraggadoo 05 Dec 2011
In reply to Land and Sky Media: Great film Dom, top effort. Great fun watching you overcome that bit on the tree Woody!
In reply to UKC News: Nice tights Woody + I liked the film.
 Skyfall 06 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Great stuff.

Where did you find the good weather for the interview outside?

Oh, and where did Woody find those tights ?! Is he auditioning for MIB 3?
 aki048 06 Dec 2011
Fantastic to see Hodge Close in a film - and it even been climbed! I've not been man enough for climbing in this place, but it's awesome to look at and I've never seen anyone climbing there - come to think of it, I've never seen it dry either!
Great moveie - great to see the lakes getting some air time
 Franco Cookson 06 Dec 2011
In reply to aki048:

Hodge often looks wet even when dry, so it may well have not been wet when you saw it? Unless you just go there when it rains... Drys super fast though. I've never understood why hodge is so ignored generally, it's such a weird place for the UK and really quite fascinating.
 Adam Lincoln 06 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Nice Woody. Good to see you back at it again properly! Whats next?
 MO2 06 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Nice sport route?

Out of interest, what do people believe is a respectable bolt-coverage of a given route before it should be given an F grade as opposed to an E grade??
 Stuart Wood 06 Dec 2011
In reply to MO2:

Ater the clip up on First Night Nerves that has recently bee retro bolted, you clip the pegs on stage fright and run it out for 50 foot to the belay. The top pitch has one crap peg in it's entire length with 6b moves at the top. French 7b .... go and try it!
 MO2 06 Dec 2011
In reply to Stuart Wood:

Cheers Stuart, wasn't clear to me from the film what were pegs and what were bolts..... Still genuinely interested in peoples thoughts on what coverage of a route can be bolted but still given an Egrade, but maybe that has been covered elsewhere.........
 the abmmc 06 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: As a punter climber, this was fantastic to watch. These top guys make it look almost effortless. Really inspiring stuff, thanks for putting this on UKC. Tom
 neilstubbs 06 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: If the "tree" (twig) breaks off will the route become about E8?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...