UKC

Winter Easter Invergarry - any interesting Grade Is?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FrankBooth 10 Mar 2012
Family and I are staying in Invergarry over Easter and I'm hoping to take my wife and eldest daughter (15) a taste of Scottish winter. Other than doing a LAMM in Kintail a few years ago, I don't really know that part of Scotland very well, so I wondered if anyone could give me some recommendations?
  • Nothing technically ambitious (grade I or II max), just a bit of a plod, but with some sense of adventure
  • Ideally a circular route (we're only taking the one car)

thanks
    FB
  •  rif 10 Mar 2012
    In reply to FrankBooth:
    Chances are that by Easter your only wintry opportunity will be to drive down to the Ben and do one of the easy gullies, or Ledge Route. If there is some more snow between now and then, the Forcan ridge on the Saddle is excellent.
    OP FrankBooth 10 Mar 2012
    In reply to rif:
    yes, I know it's a bit optimistic, but it's not unknown! Just be nice to have a 'surprise' up my sleeve if the opportunity came up. Thanks for suggesting the Forcan ridge, I'll look it up

D
     LakesWinter 10 Mar 2012
    In reply to FrankBooth: I've not done it but noticed that Double Gully on Creag an Coire Slugain in Kintail holds snow really well in lean conditions so if there's some more snow between now and then it may be in nick
    OP FrankBooth 10 Mar 2012
    In reply to MattG:
    thanks, Matt - looks like there's a pretty walkable route down and out as well which is ideal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
    Loading Notifications...