UKC

Everyone making the most of this weather then?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Helnorris 26 Mar 2012
Been such a stunning week, hoping its going to carry on into the weekend so I can get out climbing. Whoop!

Everyone making the most of it?

Styx 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

Bah humbug! I've been sat inside stuck in front of my bloody PC all day every bloody day!

grumble grumble...
 The Pylon King 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

yes, i have found a nice 'new' North facing quarry to develop.
 Skyfall 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

For one reason and another this has been my 1st weekend away climbing this year (very sadly). Had a virus for almost a month now and prior to that just had other commitments or bad weather etc. Fantastic weather and feel inspired to climb again. Despite still not feeling 100%, I also got my 1st E points of the season, so pretty happy. Currently sat trying to make myself work whilst looking out the office window at sun and horses and thinking of climbing.
OP Helnorris 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Styx: You not alone, my otherhalf has just galavanted off to pembroke with his mate for two days whilst im stuck here just watching the clock go by before I have to go into work tonight lol. joyus times hehe.

Mark...ooo really...sounds good

OP Helnorris 26 Mar 2012
In reply to JonC: Ah best of luck with the future e1 ticking and hope u manage to keep the bugs away.

Yep bit of a kick in the teeth isnt it being so nice today haha
 wilkie14c 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:
Friday - a deserted and midge free Stanage, Crow Chin. Awesome!
Saturday - Pub lunch and a walk around Garstang and was proposed to my the Mrs! I know I call her Mrs B but we are and always have been living in sin. It was her b'day Saturday and apparantly I am the best present she could ever have
Sunday - 2 hangovers, 2 bikes, 1 seafront
Monday - garden tidy up and am considering lighting the chiminea tonight
Tuesday - Borrowdale!
Wednesday - return to work for 8 days before Pembroke for Easer.

Very happy in our world :-D
 The Ivanator 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris: Got a mountain of report writing to catch up on because I couldn't miss all the good weather and went out to Swanage on Saturday, had a good day out enjoying the peace doing routes in the Ruckle and on Flake ledge whilst looking across at Subluminal (aka the Westway on sea) and Cattle Troughs which were heaving.
 Andy Hardy 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:
Me, the rest of the world, and their spouses were at Stanage pop. on Sunday - nice. I got sunburned, yelled at a dog who was about to nick my daughter's lunch (out of her rucksack) and had my first fall of the year (more of a sag really) but managed to get up the route. Nipping out on the bike soon for a sneaky 1/2 hour.
 Ava Adore 26 Mar 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

Awww, how lovely. Did you say yes?
 wilkie14c 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:
Oh course I did, I know for a fact I'd never get any better offers :-D
 Ava Adore 26 Mar 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

Well then congratulations to you both
 Skyfall 26 Mar 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

Congrat's but you'll need to change your profile pic to show the ball and chain ...

I know you were wondering if it needed updating anyway!
OP Helnorris 26 Mar 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: Ah big congrats to you. Sounds like you had a very lovely few days
 wilkie14c 26 Mar 2012
In reply to JonC:
We are thinking about tattoo'd 'rings', very tender area I believe <finger rings, not bum hole rings!>
 wilkie14c 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:
> (In reply to blanchie14c) Ah big congrats to you. Sounds like you had a very lovely few days

We most certainly have thank you, but anyway, not to steal the glory from this thread - anyone been on fools paradise recently? Was wondering if the ants have set up shop yet?
OP Helnorris 26 Mar 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: Nah not at all. Always good to hear people are happy. I'm just currently trying to amuse my lovely ferret whilst the other is fasto haha. Little monkey.

Just thinking how much fun pembs would be today....pah. Darn work/.
 wilkie14c 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:
> I'm just currently trying to amuse my lovely ferret

Is that some kind of euphemism?
 Skyfall 26 Mar 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

Re Fools Paradise, I am sure people are climbing it again but I presume you know about the 'latest' serious rockfall (a few years ago now) which resulted in a fatality. I recall being quite concerned on the final (?) pitch with the amount of loose rock around. I am not sure if it is stable now but there was so much loose rock on that pitch I'd be pretty wary.
OP Helnorris 26 Mar 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: Haha Sadly not lol. Literally some pet ferrets running around my living room creating havoc lol
 wilkie14c 26 Mar 2012
In reply to JonC: Yes, thanks Jon, I'm aware of the previous events. I was saddened to read about the loose block mentioned in Birketts book - great VS climbs in the lake district. If only he knew then where that block would end up eh
Its had accents as recent as Feb this year according to UKC logbooks
 Puppythedog 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris: Really pushing my grade, made it out four days out of five last week including my first trip to climb on Gritstone. I don't know if I've made the 'most' of the weather but I'm bloody enjoying it
 Puppythedog 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris: Oh and Congratulations to you Blanchie, fantastic news.
OP Helnorris 26 Mar 2012
In reply to puppythedog: Ah brill, me to. Lead my first HVS so so chuffed about that...bring on pembroke and HVS's whoop :p

Sounds like you have if you have been out

Adzyb85 26 Mar 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

Ive got a tattooed wedding ring and it was the least painful of all my tattoos and I have a fair few all over my arms and upper body. So dont let the pain stop you. CONGRATS

adz
 Rachel Slater 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

Im in Tenerife on a uni field coarse and theres no time for any climbing This good weather better last until I get back!
 wilkie14c 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Adzyb85:
ooo, would you mail us pics of those when you get a min?
paulblanchard@virginmedia.com thanks in advance
OP Helnorris 26 Mar 2012
In reply to r fizzle: ah well there are worst places you could be on a uni field trip :p lol.

Although sure it would be the icing on the cake for ur tirp
 Pierre Maxted 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:
Baggy point on Saturday - first HVS lead for the-missus. The place was deserted when we got there - where was everyone? A few people turned up once the tide was up, but apart from one team on Long slab the place was empty until about 3pm - wierd!

-Pierre
 Olli-C 27 Mar 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: I did fools paradise in september i think, there is a big scar where the rock has gone and its still loose, but its next to the massive traverse ledge on p4 so you dont need to touch it.
We went millstone/lawrencfield on saturday then slacklining sunday then hobson moor monday evening Feeling crispy at the moment
 The Pylon King 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Pierre Maxted:
> (In reply to Helnorris)
> Baggy point on Saturday. The place was deserted when we got there - where was everyone?

Probably something to do with the fact that climbing is banned from 15th March to 30th June?

Bobling 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

Was on Dartmoor from Friday to yesterday, though with non climbers. Still managed to climb every day, Bone Hill two days, Hound Tor one day and a route on Haytor to finish off. Managed to get the Shark's Fin and Darkside Traverse done which I was stoked about until I came to log them on UKC and find a picture of Redmond staring at me from the entry for the Shark's Fin! Even worse I find out he flashed it whilst I had to spend a half hour working it. Grrr. Have fun in Pembroke! Hope the weather lasts.
 Denni 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

Making the most of the weather by mostly taking my 2 year old daughter kayaking on the Solent (mum way for 2 months and completely unaware!) and putting up some climbing holds on the inside of the garage to teach her climbing as she love clambering up things.

Apart from that, it has been trips to the zoo, country parks, teaching her how to look after the chickens, how to look after her plants and trampolining.

Stay at home dadness is fabulous :0)
 Cake 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:
First after-work session of the year at Stanage yesterday was lovely. The training has already started paying off. The car park was nearly full, though it was nearly empty by 7 o'clock.

Stunning indeed
 RockAngel 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris: Ive got no massive heaps of washing as its all been done and dried on the line!
 TheHorroffice 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:
Jesmond Dene Boulders, accompanied by the infamous kingfisher and dappled shade. Tip top!
OP Helnorris 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Bobling: Aw awesome so glad u have manged to get yourself up there. Some quality routes.

Haha yeah you can go off some people pretty quickly can't u.

How's lovely Henry?

Yep hope the weather holds. Steve is swanning it in pembs ATM Haha. Jammmmy
OP Helnorris 27 Mar 2012
In reply to RockAngel: Haha wish i was the same. Our washing machine is bust waiting for a new one to be delivered, so our washing pile is slowly taking over the house haha. Fancy doing some hahaha. :-p
 MonkeyPuzzle 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

First ever visit to Stanage on Sunday. Not bad, is it?
 TraceyR 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris: Goblin Combe on Saturday; fossil hunting Sunday; Avon Gorge straight after work (first time this year!!) Monday; and, hopefully, Wintour's tomorrow night - make hay whilst the sun shines, as the saying goes!
 TraceyR 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King: It is only the middle slabs (where Lost Horizons and Sangri La etc are) that are banned.
Wiley Coyote2 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:
Thermometer hit 28 at Robin Proctor's today. For Yorkshire in March that's just ridiculous!
 Pierre Maxted 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King:
Ah, well, that explains it. The Promontory where we were climbing is not bird-banned (we did check at the time), but everything else is, which does rather cut down the options.
 Tom Last 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

Bosigran today, Great Zawn last week. The whole of Cornwall is dry, good time to get in those north coast zawns!

Too bloody hot today.
OP Helnorris 28 Mar 2012
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle: Flipping awesome, especially in this weather
 MonkeyPuzzle 28 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

My first introduction to grit, and just did bouldering around the plantation. Shame I started climbing after leaving Manchester.
OP Helnorris 28 Mar 2012
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle: Not had any chance to do any bouldering up there yet, looking forward to it though.

Awesome place to live.
 Tall Clare 28 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

Eight routes in blazing sunshine at Hutton Roof yesterday. Lovely!
 staceyjg 28 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

3 lovely days in the lakes, climbing at Wallowbarrow, was super!!
 Ava Adore 28 Mar 2012
In reply to staceyjg:

I see you did Wall and Corner - hope you liked it? Fond memories of my first multipitch lead
 climber_medic 28 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris: Hi Helen. I managed to get out with a bloke called Steve down to Pembs to enjoy the delight of Mother Scareys and Mowing Word. Do you know him??? x
 Deltona 29 Mar 2012
Spent a wonderful day on Tryfan doing the Groove Arête , the weather was cracking . To cap it off just before the knights move watched a Typhoon swooping down the valley below us
 Goucho 29 Mar 2012
In reply to Helnorris: Been back in the UK for a week visiting family, and yesterday went up to the Lakes for the day - not a soul on any of the crags in Borrowdale as far as I could see.

Weather still looks ok today, so I think a trip out to the gritstone could be in order later today.
 Al Evans 29 Mar 2012
In reply to Goucho: AS you all know, Easter is coming up which means bad weather, forecast I have seen is for snow in the Pennines in the next day or two.
 The Pylon King 29 Mar 2012
In reply to Al Evans:

It was too hot yesterday at Trym, at least it is going to cool down over the weekend.
 Goucho 29 Mar 2012
In reply to Al Evans: I shall be back in sunny France by then Al.

Having said that, the crags did look fine and lovely in the Lakes yesterday - if only i'd put my gear in the boot!!!!!!!!!
 CurlyStevo 29 Mar 2012
In reply to Al Evans:
you're not using metcheck are you?
 Al Evans 29 Mar 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: Nah, it's just the Sky news on local radio.
 CurlyStevo 29 Mar 2012
In reply to Al Evans:
fair enough met office doesn't look to be predicting this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...