UKC

European sport climbing in the winter months

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 1poundSOCKS 12 Apr 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to get a lot of climbing in when the winter arrives. Currently thinking about getting a camper van and heading for somewhere in the south of Spain, which I believe is mostly sport climbing.

Don't really have much more of a plan but it would be good to know some good areas, easy access, lots of routes in 6a - 7a range, where the campsites are open, good for meeting up with other climbers (I'll be on my own). I suppose good bouldering would be a bonus, and some trad climbing would be a huge bonus.

Thanks,

Mathew.
 Sam Mayfield 12 Apr 2012
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Hi Mathew

I will be on the look out for more "oranges" for next season. Have 2 booked already but more hand make light work!

Check out our webpage, I am asking 2 hours a day next year instead of 1.5 as before...

http://theorangehouse.co.uk/questions-answered/working-at-the-orange-house

Sam Orange House
OP 1poundSOCKS 12 Apr 2012
In reply to Sam Mayfield: Thanks Sam. No firm plans yet but I'll definitely check it out. Was thinking January/February time would be best at the moment, but what's the weather like then?
 Morgan Woods 12 Apr 2012
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

El chorro is a pretty good winter option. If you are going by van then it would be worth checking out Costa Blanca. In my experience winter sunshine in Chorro means shorts and t-shirt while in CB you might want to add a light top. Both of them sure as hell beat the UK in Jan/Feb.
OP 1poundSOCKS 12 Apr 2012
In reply to Morgan Woods: Anything that means my hands and feet don't go numb is an improvement over the UK in winter.
 Sam Mayfield 14 Apr 2012
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Jan and Feb can be great, can be crap, certainly better than the UK!

Morgan I think if you check the sats Costa Blanca has better weather than El Chorro. Its higher than us and has the Atlantic fronts to deal with.

Sam Orange

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...