UKC

Ovenight Accom near Coed Llandegla

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Todd 10 Jul 2012
A friend and I are planning to head to Coed Llandegla on Saturday afternoon, do a trail (or 2) then stay somewhere in the area on Saturday night, then ride (probably some natural stuff) on Sunday.

I don't know the area at all so does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay (within say 20 miles?) on the Saturday night? Pubs or B&B (with nearby pub) would be fine, camping also an option.

Thanks

p.s. I hear The Druid Inn in Mold is good but I think it's fully booked for Saturday night.
 colina 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Dave Todd: the town of ruthin is only 15 minutes drive away(nice clean town with decent pubs and eateries) .maybe google b@b ruthin .cant think of anywhere off the top of my head though .
llandegla is pretty much off the beaten track.you could perhaps ride the clywydian range on the sunday .check out "moel fammau " mountain biking .loads of good stuff round there
http://www.ridetheclwyds.com/rideclwyds/moel_famau/map.asp?l=reset
 Gazlynn 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Dave Todd:

I am from the village of Llanfynydd which is not very far away at all and got a great pub called the cross keys.

I can't remember the bed and breakfast that is on hope mountain but will ask my mum the morra.

There is lots of mountain biking starting from the ponderosa cafe on the horseshoe pass heading towards eglwyseg.

good luck

Gaz
OP Dave Todd 11 Jul 2012
Thanks very much for the info already folks! Will check out some of those thoughts tomorrow...cheers!
 WILLS 14 Jul 2012
In reply to Dave Todd: or try wrexham
 David Hooper 15 Jul 2012
In reply to Dave Todd: in Llandegla village itself threatened somenice camping ecopods. 5 min from trail centre. Ovdrthehill in llangollen there is YHa,b&be,campsites and all the amenities
OP Dave Todd 16 Jul 2012
In reply to Dave Todd:

Thanks for all your input folks! Looked at various ideas and finally ended up camping (and eating) at the 3 Pigeons Inn ( http://www.threepigeonsinn.co.uk/ ) - great food and beers plus a good (cheap and basic) campsite.

My first visit to Coed LLandegla on Saturday, didn't start riding 'till 4pm, but got around the red (19km) in about 75 mins so decided (after tea and cake) to go around red again but take in the black sections as well (21km) - a flowing blast from start to finish - all pretty mellow (even to a punter like me). Then zoomed to the pub, pitched tent and were at the bar by about 8:15. Good times!

Rode a natural trail in the Clwyds on Sunday. Nice to be out on the hills on the best weather day for many a wet week!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...