UKC

John Redhead...Portrait of the artist in today's Guardian

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
crow-media 24 Aug 2012
 Doug 24 Aug 2012
In reply to crow-media: thanks, a good read in a bit of the Guardian I rarely visit
 Al Evans 24 Aug 2012
In reply to crow-media:
This is being refused because it is all in upper case? It clearly isn't
"It was during this time in Liverpool that he made a celebrated ascent of the tower of the city's Anglican cathedral. A solo ascent which he named 'The Apostles', was carried out as a piece of performance art to complement an exhibition inside the cathedral, Music of Decline, first shown in Liverpool Cathedral for a Granada TV arts show. "

I was the cameraman that filmed this, during his ascent he accidently broke off a finger of one of the 12 apostles, we edited that bit out
 goldmember 24 Aug 2012
In reply to Al Evans: did he really do it? I would love to see picture of a clip from it
 goldmember 24 Aug 2012
In reply to gd303uk: christ he lead it!! did he get to the top ?
 gd303uk 24 Aug 2012
In reply to goldmember: He did and then abseiled into cathedral where he had an art exhibition , I think,
He did this while living in Liverpool near bold street, I have a vid of him climbing the outside of his place , e 9 I think the film was called.

Op, Good article
 Al Evans 24 Aug 2012
In reply to goldmember: He did another 'performance Art' for GTV at one of their on site Arts Festivals, he chipped out a few bricks on a 40ft tower in the GTV site, bolted it and climbed it on the hour throughout the festival, I wasn't filming on that one but I went up to say hello. He announced to the crowd that Granads very own star climber was going to climb his 'route' instead of him this time.
I protested and said I didn't have any boots, it's ok you can borrow mine he said, I asked him how hard it was, Oh it's only about 6a!
Great in front of all my mates and colleagues, let alone the crowds, I now had to climb the route in borrowed boots.
Fortunately I did it , to great applause from the crowd, John was laughing like a maniac when I was lowered down.
I have other John stories too
 goldmember 24 Aug 2012
In reply to Al Evans: thats amazing! how the hell did he climb out of the arch in that picture?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...