UKC

DEAL OF THE MONTH: Armaid - For Damaged Or Tired Arms

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 17 Dec 2012
Armaid, 3 kbArmaid is a self-massage device that gets right to the source of elbow problems.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5161
 Sharp 17 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Would be interesting to hear what a physio would make of bruising your arms so badly with that device. It seems like it's intended as a solo sports massage thing with the same principles as a foam roller. While a sports massage should hurt it surely shouldn't leave you bruised.
 ChrisJD 17 Dec 2012
In reply to Sharp:

To be fair, the image caption does say this:

"Rob's forearms after initially using Armaid. This flushing reaction is the start of the healing process in very extreme cases and will not happen to most people. My arms reacted in exactly the same way on the very first use of Armaid"

Very tempted to get one.
 nowler 18 Dec 2012
In reply to ChrisJD: i'd also suggest a book called trigger point therapy by claire davies (may or may not have spelled that correctly). many elbow problems are caused by referred pain from further up the arms, shoulders, neck etc. etc......
 ChrisJD 04 Jan 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Took delivery of one of these today. Had quick few goes (after watching instruction on video) and I thinks it is going to be awesome.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...