UKC

Hangover Part III - warning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JuneBob 02 Jun 2013
I had the misfortune to watch this tonight. I have the easiest sense of humour. I find pretty much anything funny. I was in a great mood today, we'd had a game of pool including some frames using my crutches as cues, we'd left the pool hall and wandered about town and in to the cinema with blue chalked up noses (yes, that's my level of humour). And I watched the movie. I honestly did not laugh once. Not even a twitch. Nothing. It was awful. Without question the worst movie I have ever paid to see.

My first cinema outing this year; finding entertaining alternatives to sport (I fractured my ankle last week) is going to be quite a challenge.

So, yeah. Even if someone pays you, don't watch it.
 SARS 02 Jun 2013
In reply to JuneBob:

Fast and furious 6 is good.
In reply to JuneBob: My kid saw H3 the other night, she agrees with the OP.
ice.solo 02 Jun 2013
In reply to JuneBob:

pretty much what i thought....luckily i didnt see it.
abseil 03 Jun 2013
In reply to JuneBob:

Thanks for the tip. I presumed that would happen. I enjoyed Hangover 1 a lot, thought H2 was really poor, so H3 is following a natural progression.

I like your upbeat post - "including some frames using my crutches as cues"! Hope your ankle heals soon and well.
 Dauphin 03 Jun 2013
In reply to JuneBob

The first one bored the tits off me.

D
Collie Flower 03 Jun 2013
In reply to JuneBob:

I didn't even watch the second one because I thought it looked like it was clutching onto the success of the first film, which I really enjoyed. I'm certainly not going to watch the third one.

My cinema watch list for this year (so far) is:-

Star Trek Into Darkness
Epic
Man of Steel
Wolverine
The Mortal Instruments
 ben b 03 Jun 2013
In reply to JuneBob: TBH I tried to watch the first one three times and couldn't get past the first 45 minutes - it was almost as if it was sucking the sense of humour out of me.

Weird, as normally I can readily collapse into giggles at the slightest hint of humour, and there's very little film or tv comedy that I wouldn't watch (well drawing the line at My Family anyway).

Friends tell me they enjoyed it but I just couldn't get close to wanting to try again. I'm impressed you had the stamina to get to the third....

Best get healing quickly then. Or buy the Green Wing box set.

b
 Milesy 03 Jun 2013
I admit I liked the first one as it was an fairly original concept. The second one was dire though and I refuse to go see this. The original has now spinned off a series of adult american pie comedies now (bridesmaids etc).
OP JuneBob 03 Jun 2013
In reply to ben b:
I never watched part 2; I watched part 1 and though it was ok.

Good shout on Green Wing though; love that series.
Jim C 03 Jun 2013
In reply to JuneBob:
>
>
> So, yeah. Even if someone pays you, don't watch it.

Ok thanks for the tip,
(the above is my approach to watching football, but I am willing to extend it to some films

GrantB 03 Jun 2013
In reply to JuneBob:

I thought it was brilliant.
 Richiehill 03 Jun 2013
In reply to JuneBob: It's not the best. But it appears to have lost its way and, as it's the last one, it seems to have gone off comedy. It is more of an action film than a comedy. It's not even a very good action film.
 graeme jackson 03 Jun 2013
In reply to SARS:
> (In reply to JuneBob)
>
>
> Fast and furious 6 is good.

I'd go along with that. Some fantastic (and rare) cars although I take issue with diesel refering to Michelle rodriguez' jensen Interceptor as 'american muscle' in the scene at the end of the street race. maybe he was just talking about the chrysler v8 but the rest of the car was built in good ol' west bromwich....

and we're getting jason statham next time too. woohoo.
 nufkin 03 Jun 2013
In reply to graeme jackson:

> and we're getting jason statham next time too. woohoo.

Good lord, does that mean they're going to make a F&F 7?!

My mind boggles.

Though JS's participation also gets me secretly keen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...