UKC

New Climbing films that are worth a watch.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom F Harding 15 Aug 2013
I'm after a new climbing film - any recommendations?

Bought Autana, Echo Wall and Life on Hold recently but I'm after a good adventure film now.
OP Tom F Harding 15 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber:

Has everyone stopped watching full length climbing films? - might be why there doesn't seem to be as many being released.
 pebbles 15 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber: its not really clear what youre looking for! surely Autana WAS an adventure film "Autana - first ascent in the lost world'. Leo Houlding, Jason Pickles and Sean 'Stanley' Leary go deep into the Amazon to attempt a first ascent on the magnificent Cerro Autana. "
What sort of full length climbing adventure film are you looking for?
In reply to pebbles:

err.. Yes Autana is really good but I have seen it now....

Lets make it a bit easier then - Are there any new full length climbing films (I.e Not a Youtube freebie) that you would recommend and worth a purchase. Is it really that hard?
 dsgarner 15 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber: Wide Boyz?
 pebbles 15 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber:it wasnt clear from your post, it looked as if you were saying you didnt count the ones listed as adventure films.

Vertical Sailing is fantastic (big walling in greenland)
likewise The Asgard Project (climbing Mt Asgard on Baffin island)
neither are brand new, but not on your 'just watched' list either, and well worth buying imho
 Blue Straggler 15 Aug 2013
In reply to pebbles:
> (In reply to The_flying_climber)it wasnt clear from your post, it looked as if you were saying you didnt count the ones listed as adventure films.

Or that he was saying he didn't count them as "good adventure films"

I still recommend The Sharp End though it's not really an adventure film, nor "long" (it is basically a series of shorts)
In reply to pebbles:

Seen, Wide Boyz, 'The Asguard Project' and 'Asguard Jamming'. I will stick Vertical Sailing on the list.

Looking forward to Alistair Lee's new film.
 pebbles 15 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber: for something a bit different you might enjoy "beyond the summits" with catherine destivelle. catherine on big alpine routes as well as a fair bit of persopnal background and reflection. You're a bloke, its catherine destivelle, of course you'll enjoy it
In reply to pebbles:

On the list....
 alooker 15 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber: "Moonflower", "Blood, Sweat and Bagels", "Knowing Andy" are all good adventyre films I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. Anything by Alastair Lee is going to be good too, imho.
 colin8ll 15 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber: I like First Ascent. It made me want to head straight out on an adventure! Long Hope and Onsight are great watches too.
 simon kimber 15 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber:

Le Petit Bus Rouge. This film does contain rather a lot of "larking about" but the climbing scenes in it are spectacular.
http://www.petit-bus-rouge.com/
In reply to simon kimber:

That looks amazing - Top choice so far
 nufkin 16 Aug 2013
In reply to pebbles:
> (In reply to The_flying_climber) for something a bit different you might enjoy "beyond the summits" with catherine destivelle. catherine on big alpine routes as well as a fair bit of persopnal background and reflection. You're a bloke, its catherine destivelle, of course you'll enjoy it

Plus the English version is narrated by the UK's favourite mountain botherer*

*not Bear Grylls
 pebbles 16 Aug 2013
In reply to nufkin: andy k? now thats a concept whose time has surely come
 nufkin 16 Aug 2013
In reply to pebbles:

Brian Bless- sorry, I mean BRIAN BLESSED

pebbles 16 Aug 2013
In reply to nufkin: yesvyes, I know, but andy k doing the voiceover is sn even morecsrreal idea.
 nufkin 16 Aug 2013
In reply to pebbles:

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, he'd be off on a tangent before the opening credits finished
 pebbles 16 Aug 2013
In reply to nufkin: whilst blatently letching over cd. which I would be quite funny.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...