UKC

petzl quarks pick replacments

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
liamcurrie 06 Jan 2014

can anyone help?.looking for t rated replacement picks for my trusted pre 2011 axes everywhere seems to out of stock and item seems discontinued.if anyone knows where I can find some it would be much appreciated.
Post edited at 18:19
 Webster 06 Jan 2014
In reply to liamcurrie:

your best bet is probably second hand as they have stopped making them, or maybe some continental or american retailers?

its ether a huge oversight or a clever trick by Petzl, as there are tones of people in your position (me included!) who still use the old axes but need picks replacing, but we will eventually be forced to buy the new ones!
liamcurrie 06 Jan 2014
In reply to Webster:

tried most sites in uk and am now trying Europe.been told to try snell sports in Chamonix .looked at there site to no avail,try and email them tommorro.total pain in the arse.i think its a clever trick for us to buy new ones
liamcurrie 06 Jan 2014
In reply to Webster:

oh! iv tried hard pcu91000 t rated are out stock
In reply to liamcurrie:

Oh! I always used the b pick for everything on my old Quarks. Never had a problem with mixed climbing with them.
liamcurrie 06 Jan 2014
In reply to liamcurrie:

mind you if that's all there is will probably have to give them a try.
 stuart58 06 Jan 2014
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:
Just to say thanks for thread just bought two of b rated picks from needle sports should last me my life out I think as my present picks are virtually new. I have some old petal aztar and axtar picks if anyone wants them pp only
 WILLS 07 Jan 2014
In reply to liamcurrie:

Got in touch with my family in Canada. They said try here.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5001-542/petzl-charlet-quad-4mm-quark-quark-ergo-...

They have some in the Ontario shop. But are showing low stock online.
liamcurrie 07 Jan 2014
In reply to WILLS:

nice one.thanks I will go check it out.
 CurlyStevo 08 Jan 2014
In reply to liamcurrie:

Apparently the old quark waterice B picks very nearly passed the T rated tests. I heard most picks did pass but there some fails hence having to rate the waterice picks as B rated. On the new quarks the water ice picks are T rated.

I don't like the old quark T picks (as they smash up ice) and after my first set of T picks did all my winter climbing on B picks with no problems and I'm no featherweight.
liamcurrie 08 Jan 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Cheers for a the advise.will prob just go for the b's..easier to come by .never even looked but its b's I have been useing the last two seasons lol.with no problems.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...