UKC

Car Hire Kalymnos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hughsaints 14 Mar 2014
Hi I am off to Kalymnos in april and want to hire a car rather than a moped.

Does any one know where it is best to hire a car from, I have tried AVIS as they are based on the island and they are useless.

Can any one give me any suggestions from experience?

cheers in advance

hugh
In reply to hughsaints:

Why wouldn't you want to hire a scooter?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 14 Mar 2014
In reply to hughsaints:

I have used Mike Kardoulis for many years, he has a place close to where the ferry docks - just right of the statues of the old blokes in a circle.

http://www.kalymnoscars.gr/index_en.html

Cheaper then Avis I think - €32 a day for a weeks hire.

Mention my name and he might (and might not!) give you a discount - always worth asking,

Chris
 Heike 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Hi, I was just gonna start a thread about that, we would like to hire a car for a few days, we have had one from the guy with Scooters in Massouri, does anyone know his name/number?

Chris, obviously a place in Pothia is just a bit more of a hassle as we don't want one fro the whole trip ...or is it? Any views or comments?

(For anyone who asks, it's three of us including a 4 year old so a Scooter is not really thay useful)

Cheers
Heike
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Heike:

He may deliver a vehicle over the hill, he has done for us in the past - explain your situation. Or you could go in on the bus to collect - it only takes about 15 mins,

Chris
 FreshSlate 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Or rent a scooter to get the car .
 full stottie 14 Mar 2014
In reply to hughsaints:

In what way is AVIS proving useless? We hired from them last Easter and picked the car up in Massouri. The whole process went very smoothly with no hassle.

Our contact route was info@kalymnosrent.com and booked online through this site www.kalymnosrent.com and we dealt with Dimitris Hatzilaou. Very helpful, will deliver and collect from your accommodation too, although in our case the office was directly opposite our apartment.

Just another view and avenue if you need it.
Dave
 FreshSlate 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Heike:

> Hi, I was just gonna start a thread about that, we would like to hire a car for a few days, we have had one from the guy with Scooters in Massouri, does anyone know his name/number?

> Chris, obviously a place in Pothia is just a bit more of a hassle as we don't want one fro the whole trip ...or is it? Any views or comments?

> (For anyone who asks, it's three of us including a 4 year old so a Scooter is not really thay useful)

> Cheers

> Heike

Ah, I understand, makes sense. You might want to avert your eyes when a family of five including youguns passes you on a scooter (not suggesting that you do the same!).
 Heike 14 Mar 2014
In reply to full stottie and Chris Craggs:

Great, thanks! Hope we fid something tomorrow.
Cheers

hughsaints 14 Mar 2014
In reply to full stottie:
with avis every car is on request and then not approved ! they will not tell me what they have available but can put any thing on request and in 72 hours they will tell me its not available!!

if they tell me whats available not a problem
cheers ill try your links in the morning
Post edited at 23:36
 matiamallia 05 Apr 2014
In reply to hughsaints:

Another vote for kalymnoscars. The big advantage is that he is located at the port so you avoid 20-30euros taxi expenses on your arrival and departure day for the port to massouri and back journey. Mr kardoulias is a very descent guy and also offers comprehensive insurance cover as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...