UKC

Injury Management and Prevention: Junior Climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 10 Apr 2014
Robin O'Leary, 2 kbWith junior competitions becoming more popular, training for young climbers is becoming much more popular.

However, young climbers are also the most at risk of becoming injured and damaging their bodies in the long run...

Robin O'Leary and Nina Leonfellner talk through injury prevention and healthy training for young climbers...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=6269
 koalapie 11 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC Articles:

Awesome work UKC, a really great read.
 Aurial 12 Apr 2014
Great article. Thank you.

My only concern is the possibility that in the process of creating the successful young climbers referenced in the article there may have been many others who have fallen by the wayside with injury. Prospective data showing low adolescent climber attrition from injury would provide more powerful support for today's methods than naming those who have been fortunate in avoiding injury.

Tom
 Nick_Scots 13 Apr 2014

Overtraining, climbing twice a week or more, same as in gymnastics and swimming. This has never been referenced back when these youngsters are older.

There should be a limit on training hours. The only NGB I know of that restricts hours is Cricket.
 whispering nic 13 Apr 2014

In the picture, Molly is at Ratho, not Imst!
What an amazing article. Well done UKC, Robin and Nina. A great Read.
 RockSteady 14 Apr 2014

Great article, really insightful and fantastic to get the interviews with top youth climbers.
 Degsy_s1 15 Apr 2014

Very useful info, my question is though - what is a "good" collagen gene?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...