UKC

NEWS: Three E7's in a Week for Naomi Buys

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 May 2014
Naomi Buys cranking on "Gathering Sun" (E7 6c) at Nesscliffe, 3 kbNaomi Buys has recently had an excellent week where she headpointed 3 E7s.

Within 7 days, Naomi led; Gathering Sun at Nesscliffe, Birdsong at Hawkcliffe and the FA of Overlooked at Newchurch Quarry...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68911
 Jon Read 12 May 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Great stuff.
 Mark Bull 12 May 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Good going! How does this compare with the hardest female UK trad FA?
 Michael Gordon 12 May 2014
In reply to Mark Bull:

Good question - have there been any previous female E7 FAs? Of course, some might argue that a hard E5 onsight can be just as difficult.

Pity the route at first glance doesn't look particularly long/impressive, though maybe the photo is deceptive.
 Blue Straggler 12 May 2014
In reply to Michael Gordon:

> Good question - have there been any previous female E7 FAs? Of course, some might argue that a hard E5 onsight can be just as difficult.

Obviously it's not an actual E7 as it was on a different grading system, but surely Beth Rodden's "Meltdown" would count - or do grade conversions simply not work like this?
 Michael Gordon 12 May 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Well you'd have to go a long way to beat The Nose. But then Mark was asking about UK trad.
 Blue Straggler 12 May 2014

Oops, I was replying to your post without paying attention to its context (that of being a reply to Mark)
Sorry !

Mick Ward 12 May 2014

> Pity the route at first glance doesn't look particularly long/impressive, though maybe the photo is deceptive.

Hmm... photo to me looks like a very hard move to gain admittance to, "It's not over by a long shot... but don't dare fluff it now!" territory. Seems like a seriously gutsy lead. Respect.

Mick
In reply to Mick Ward:

What it looks like to me is mainly nothing like the verbal description. Still, no doubt it makes sense if/when you're there.

Anyway, looks like some damned fine climbing. Well done, madam.

jcm
 henwardian 13 May 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Good photos and some pretty inspiring climbing. Kudos

(but I do have to say this: Too many "Naomi"s, Especially towards the end! Makes the article painful to read... Also, it feels stilted, too many short sentences, needs to flow a bit more).
 Blue Straggler 13 May 2014
In reply to henwardian:
>

> (but I do have to say this: Too many "Naomi"s, Especially towards the end! Makes the article painful to read... Also, it feels stilted, too many short sentences, needs to flow a bit more).

Does it pluralise to Naomii?

You have a point. I think there are 21, depending upon how you do your word count.
Post edited at 01:16
 Jimbo C 13 May 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> What it looks like to me is mainly nothing like the verbal description. Still, no doubt it makes sense if/when you're there.

True, the verbal description actually looks more like the photo of the 2nd route in the report, maybe they are the wrong way round.

Anyhow, the climbing looks awesome, well done Naomi.
 pork pie girl 17 May 2014
In reply to UKC News: get in girl!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...