UKC

NEW ARTICLE: INTERVIEW: Ben Davison on 8c+ and the Dangers of Sport Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 26 Sep 2014
Happy boy, 4 kbBen Davison is one of the rising stars of British sport climbing, having climbed 8c last year he climbed 8c+ just four years after starting climbing this year with an ascent of Eye of Odin in Flatanger, Norway.

Unfortunately, whilst working Little Badder, 9a, Ben was involved in an accident when he fell from the route with no runners clipped. Gavin Ellis caught up with Ben to find out more...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=6686
 ericinbristol 26 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Articles:

Very good article in many respects. However, he says Eye of Odin is soft 8c not 8c+ (and is pretty negative about people taking 8c+ for it) and also that it is 8c in the new guidebook. So it doesn't make sense for the article to keep calling it 8c+. Could you please fix the article?
 feeko 26 Sep 2014
In reply to ericinbristol:
It's Muy Verdes that is soft 8c+ (8c) not Eye of Odin
Post edited at 11:22
 Dennis999 26 Sep 2014
Great article. Is it just a weird angle in the first picture, or does Ben have an ape index of about +1ft?

ericinbristol 26 Sep 2014
In reply to feeko:
Oops - apologies all round!
Post edited at 11:45
 Arms Cliff 26 Sep 2014

Amazing slow and controlled climbing style!

Kudos to Alan for spotting him from 12 m up too, that must have been terrifying. I can't imagine that feeling of doing a few hard moves from a belay and then realising you're not clipped to anything...
 jonnyblindsign 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Arms Cliff:

Great looking climbing!

Falling off from 12m is making me feel a bit dizzy just thinking about it. I guess he won't be making the same mistake again!
 andrewmc 26 Sep 2014
The rescue guy (abseiling on a Fig 8 in a high-vis vest) in one of the photos hasn't done his screwgate up.
 gme 26 Sep 2014

A bit more detail from the horses mouth.

http://bendavison.wordpress.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...