UKC

Dickhead supporters of TDF

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 25 Jul 2015

The dickheads at the TDF really piss me off, they ruin the whole thing for me, far worse than football supporters, I scream at the TV saying get out of the way you dickheads.
I don't know how the competitors put up with it.
Post edited at 15:24
 goose299 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

I did see an article about fans throwing urine and spitting on Froome. What the hell?
Disgusting
 veteye 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

They certainly seem to have no brain cells!
 balmybaldwin 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

I think they will soon have to do a lot more about it... Perhaps more stewards etc. You do occasionally see the cops or other spectators tackling them, but people have to be so cautious not to make the situation worse.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://w...
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://w...

gd303uk 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

they do get out of the way most of the times.
it makes for an exciting event seeing the fans runs along side and wave flags etc, dickheads or not as long as they dont impede the riders or chuck piss at them , the boos are welcome
the tour for me is the most exciting single sport event on tv, the fans dont spoil it they make it . just my view , i dont know what the teams think of it.

sbc_10 25 Jul 2015
In reply to gd303uk:

> the tour for me is the most exciting single sport event on tv

.....really ?? I must be missing something.
 Trevers 25 Jul 2015
In reply to gd303uk:

It's a fine line though isn't it. It makes for a great spectacle but all it takes is for one of the idiots running in front of the riders on a climb to trip to ruin someone's stage or even tour.

Dutch corner today was crazy, glad everyone got through alright.
Bogwalloper 25 Jul 2015
In reply to gd303uk:

> they do get out of the way most of the times.

> it makes for an exciting event seeing the fans runs along side and wave flags etc, dickheads or not as long as they dont impede the riders or chuck piss at them , the boos are welcome

>

Runners are just wankers. They know the riders hate it but still do it.

Boggy
 gd303uk 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Trevers:
it is, not many headline sporting events would allow it, maybe the tour will have to do something eventually! and we might look back one-day the way we did at terrace football and miss the excitement.

the runners are nuts the mankini can only just cover
i didnt realise the riders hate it .
Post edited at 16:57
Removed User 25 Jul 2015
In reply to gd303uk:

> they do get out of the way most of the times.

> it makes for an exciting event seeing the fans runs along side and wave flags etc, dickheads or not as long as they dont impede the riders or chuck piss at them , the boos are welcome

> the tour for me is the most exciting single sport event on tv, the fans dont spoil it they make it . just my view , i dont know what the teams think of it.

Totally agree, apart from the boos. I'm no fan of Froome but I thought the booing he got today was crap. Throwing cups of piss and spitting is crap too. I'd like to have seen someone try that with Hinault. Long live the general lunacy though. Fat blokes in mankinis, the devil, bearded men in wedding dresses etc etc, make the tour. It isn't Wimbledon with all the 'quiet please' when the riders go by, thank God.
 Trevers 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Removed User:

> Totally agree, apart from the boos. I'm no fan of Froome but I thought the booing he got today was crap. Throwing cups of piss and spitting is crap too. I'd like to have seen someone try that with Hinault. Long live the general lunacy though. Fat blokes in mankinis, the devil, bearded men in wedding dresses etc etc, make the tour. It isn't Wimbledon with all the 'quiet please' when the riders go by, thank God.

Or golf
 Yanis Nayu 25 Jul 2015
In reply to gd303uk:

I agree, the total insanity of it helps to make it the event that it is.
 gd303uk 25 Jul 2015

yeah i thought the boos were a bit much also, but better than a face full of pee
i like Froome, he appears to be a nice bloke especially in the face of some bad behaviour from press and fans.

gd303uk 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

it is a crazy event i took an extra week of work to watch the madness, was meant to go out today and enjoy the one day of sun this week but drank a little red and enjoyed the spectacle. tomorrow i will not be answering the door or phone.
 Yanis Nayu 25 Jul 2015
In reply to gd303uk:

What chance Cav on the Champs Elysée?
 Tom Valentine 25 Jul 2015
In reply to gd303uk:

I know UKC in general aren't big motorsport fans, but the same sort of "fan" behaviour which is so intrusive on the Tour is more or less the same thing which rang the death knell for group B rally competition, arguably the finest expression of motor sport ever seen .
 FactorXXX 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I know UKC in general aren't big motorsport fans, but the same sort of "fan" behaviour which is so intrusive on the Tour is more or less the same thing which rang the death knell for group B rally competition, arguably the finest expression of motor sport ever seen .

I was thinking of the crazy spectator scenes from the Group B days as well. Apparently, some fans actually tried to touch the cars as they went past!
It obviously went very tragically wrong and something had to be done with both the cars and organising the spectators.
There are parallels between the two sports. Both have massively long stretches of competition stages which are almost impossible to fully Police/Marshall. I suppose as long as the spectators don't overly endanger themselves or the cyclists, then the organisers are happy with the 'party atmosphere' that seems to happen alongside the roads.
andymac 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> I know UKC in general aren't big motorsport fans, but the same sort of "fan" behaviour which is so intrusive on the Tour is more or less the same thing which rang the death knell for group B rally competition, arguably the finest expression of motor sport ever seen .

With tragic results.

Was it 30 odd killed in Portugal when a Lancia went off?

I watch a fair bit of in-car ,and am always amazed at how stupid the spectators are.

Standing within a hairs breadth of cars doing 100mph+

Must play on the minds of the drivers.
 FactorXXX 25 Jul 2015
In reply to andymac:

Was it 30 odd killed in Portugal when a Lancia went off?

Three killed and thirty one injured when a RS200 went off in Portugal. This documentary tells the story of Group B: -

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xty1w4_bbc-madness-on-wheels-rallying-s-cr...
 nniff 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

I'm a keen fan and often wonder what sort of people the intrusive fans are, generally making the riders life difficult, blocking the best lines, smoke flares for the riders to ride through and the rest. Assuming that the boo-ers are French, it's a bit surprising because there have been quite a few French stage wins this year and Froome has only taken one, and that usually makes them happy. Seeing as Quintana put 30-40 seconds into Froome yesterday and a minute today, I assume that Quintana must be either as clean as, or as juiced up as Froome. Best boo him too, besides he's only a youngster, so he must be. Personally, I'm voting clean for both. Astana and Vino worry me though
 andy 25 Jul 2015
In reply to nniff:
I can only assume that Quintana is doped off his tits, because if he hadn't lost 1:24 on stage 2 when he got caught behind a crash, and then got messed up by some crosswinds, he'd have won. Unless Froome's doping is actually witchcraft that means that people spontaneously fall off in front of his opponents. Or he's got a dog called Muttley who he sends to cause chaos behind him
 Wee Davie 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

I've been shocked at the antics of the minority in this TdF too. I've been disgusted to see the spitting incidents (never mind the pish throwing).
This is the 1st Tour I've paid enough attention to (I've seen most of the highlights programmes) to notice the politics and dramas unfold.
Not sure how Sky can hope to improve a situation that seems so hostile and suspicious. Froome strikes me as a bit vulnerable- maybe my mistake?
 Paul249 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

Yeh there are a fair few dicks that ruin it.

A lot of those that run along screaming in the cyclists ear in daft outfits are probably not even cycling fans, just folk desperate to get their 15 seconds of tv fame. You sometimes see the decent spectators pull them out of the way (not often enough though!).

The abuse that Froome in particular gets, and Team Sky in general is a disgrace. Apparently the Team Sky car gets all sorts thrown at it and battered and has done for the past few years.

There seems to be a fair few petty French people hating the fact that British riders are now winning their race. And individuals in the French media are doing everything in their power to stoke the fire. As mentioned above, if you're going to ask questions about Froome, then why not about numerous others. Even of Sagan who is deemed the blue eyed boy. I like to think none of them are doping, but it's interesting that the French media constantly ask questions of Froome and Wiggins previously. Nibali didn't get the same level of scrutiny last year and he won by 7 minutes!

It's been one of the best tours for many years and certain spectators and members of the French media have done their bit to spoil it.

Kipper 26 Jul 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

Worth a watch.

I was thinking the same thing about the spectators - with cyclists, one probably needs to get off his bike and 'have a word' to bring things to a head.

Lusk 26 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

Aye, appalling.
Them lazy Frenchies better make sure they cordon of 3500km of road next year!
 Si_G 26 Jul 2015
In reply to Paul249:

And Nibali is riding for Astana, who are filthy!
I can understand asking questions, especially in a post-Armstrong world, but throwing bodily fluids and getting in his face is a bit much.
 solomonkey 26 Jul 2015
In reply to Bogwalloper:

> Runners are just wankers. They know the riders hate it but still do it.

> Boggy

Bit like groups of cyclists on the road all the time , they know everyone else hates it but still do it !

solomonkey 26 Jul 2015
In reply to Lusk:

> Aye, appalling.

> Them lazy Frenchies better make sure they cordon of 3500km of road next year!

Or the simple option , just ban it!
 solomonkey 26 Jul 2015
In reply to gd303uk:

> it is a crazy event i took an extra week of work to watch the madness,

Good troll but I'm not biting

Removed User 26 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:
> far worse than football supporters,

Some football supporters in France for you.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/19/police-complaint-victim-of-...

I'll stick with cycling, and the odd cup of pish, spitting and drugs aside, it's just fine thanks..
Post edited at 12:19
 gd303uk 26 Jul 2015
In reply to solomonkey:
get your mankini on and shout at the telly with Al and me
Post edited at 12:34
 EddInaBox 26 Jul 2015
In reply to gd303uk:

> the tour for me is the most exciting single sport event on tv

It won't be as soon as I can persuade BBC1 to show celebrity naked mud wrestling.

I'll have to make sure they don't book Bruce Forsyth for that one though.
 FactorXXX 26 Jul 2015
In reply to EddInaBox:

It won't be as soon as I can persuade BBC1 to show celebrity naked mud wrestling.

Pah, I'm trying to get Channel 5 to show the 'Naked Twister and Baby Oil World Championships'.
 Timmd 26 Jul 2015
In reply to solomonkey:
> Bit like groups of cyclists on the road all the time , they know everyone else hates it but still do it !

They must make you miss countless appointments and deadlines every week hey?

Edit: Forgot winky smiley
Post edited at 19:38
Removed User 26 Jul 2015
In reply to Timmd:

> They must make you miss countless appointments and deadlines every week hey?

> Edit: Forgot winky smiley

Imagine missing out on that 'employee of the month' badge because of lycra clad plonkers on bikes.
 Trevers 26 Jul 2015

> Imagine missing out on that 'employee of the month' badge because of lycra clad plonkers on bikes.

Easy, just be a better employee than those lycra clad plonkers on bikes
 balmybaldwin 26 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

Anyone else spot the tw*t in a bedsheet on the corner exiting the place de la Concorde (river side) on the final lap? Had riders going either side of him at 40k
 andy 26 Jul 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:
Yes, saw him. Read on BBC that the times were taken when they first hit the Champs, but Froome still had to finish to win, but could lose as much time as he liked.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...