UKC

NEWS: Battle of the Brands: Competition Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Sep 2015
Scarpa Athletes, 4 kbTeam Scarpa, represented by sponsored athletes Michaela Tracy and Nathan Phillips, won the first Boulder Brighton Battle of the Brands competition on Saturday 12th September.

Read more
 The Pylon King 24 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Why is there no team Aldi or team Oxfam?
 Steve nevers 24 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC News:

What a silly idea.
 danm 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Steve nevers:

> What a silly idea.

No sillier than any other form of climbing, or commentating on the internet about it either, for that matter.

I like the idea of competitors setting their own problems for others to try, it sounds like great fun!
 Steve nevers 24 Sep 2015
In reply to danm:
> No sillier than any other form of climbing

My point entirely, competitive climbing is just daft.

And seeing as the internet is mainly used as a method of shouting into a well...
Post edited at 12:48
mctrials23 24 Sep 2015

Why is competition climbing daft? Every competition I have entered has been much more fun than the average session down the wall or outside. You get to climb new and interesting problems and watch climbers far better than yourself do thinks that make you want to get better/stronger. Its a really supportive and social event as well.

Ysgo 25 Sep 2015

> My point entirely, competitive climbing is just daft.

More daft than any other form of climbing? It's all a bit of fun innit?
 Steve nevers 25 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Try living in an area where you have self-titled 'athletes' with egos that can climb 8a indoors but cry on a HVS.
 andrewmc 26 Sep 2015

How is that any better different to being able to climb HVS but being unable to climb 8a? (except that climbing HVS is massively less difficult/impressive than climbing 8a).
 jsmcfarland 26 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Trad climbing isn't for everyone, maybe it's attitudes of people like you that are one of the things discouraging beginners from getting out there and trying old school climbing?
 TobyA 27 Sep 2015

> Try living in an area where you have self-titled 'athletes' with egos that can climb 8a indoors but cry on a HVS.

Who are these people? Come on, name names!
 galpinos 27 Sep 2015

Your profile says you've flashed Font 7a+, on sighted F6c+ but have "only" onsighted E1. One less generous than myself may level a similar criticism of underachieving on trad at you......

Indoor climbing is fun, some people prefer it, some use it to train, some use it as a gym replacement, none of that affects your trad climbing so why the upset.

I enjoy indoors but it has never come even remotely close to the feelings of my best tick bouldering nor the experience of my "best" trad leads. It doesn't mean I won't do it and that others shouldn't....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...