UKC

Trois Monts in June?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GStone 08 Jan 2016
Conditions allowing, I am planning this route later this year. Looks like last year wasn't a great year for it, and I also see that generally July/August is best. I have also been looking when there have previously been avalanches even when the Avalanche forecast was low, and they are mostly in August.
Has anyone done this is in June in previous years?

Thanks

Simon
 Mark Haward 09 Jan 2016
In reply to GStone:

Obviously it varies year on year but early to mid July is usually when the route conditions come good, I personally don't remember it being done in June in recent years.
Avalanche danger from wind slab is a common problem, as is serac collapse even when the avalanche danger is low. The traverse from Trois Monts to Gouter is fun - Royal Traverse even more so.
OP GStone 09 Jan 2016
In reply to Mark Haward:

Thanks Mark, I have pretty much made my mind up to go in July. Just hope it's in condition! We were planning on coming down Gouter although slightly put off by the crowds and rockfall. Don't really fancy reversing Trois Monts so will probably go with Gouter. Will just have to put up with the crowds.
 David Rose 11 Jan 2016
In reply to GStone:

Descending via the Grand Mulets may be a safer and easier option, depending on conditions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...