UKC

NEWS: Google Launch Mont Blanc Street View

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Jan 2016
Ueli Steck on Google Street View, 3 kbFollowing their vertical imagery project on El Capitan, Yosemite last year, Google Street View have just announced their latest undertaking - an impressive 360 degree virtual tour of Mont Blanc. Collecting the imagery featured a collaboration of world-renowned alpine photographers, skiers, mountaineers, climbers, and runners.

Read more
 digby 22 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Baffling interface
 JLS 22 Jan 2016
In reply to digby:

Indeed.
All I seemed to be able to do was to go back and forth about 100m away from a hut.

Me no likey.
 pneame 22 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Well that's sort of fun in a slightly tedious way...

When did the little kiosk go in near the Tete Rouse hut? What's it for?

And it is sometimes a little challenging to work out which arrow to follow when there is a plethora of choices.

Good grief the level of cables is astonishing, but probably needed as per the Matterhorn Hornli
 Oldboots 22 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Really shocked about the extent of the fixed ropes/cables on what is actually a pretty easy route. When I did it in the early 70's the only protection was a fixed rope across the actual icy part of the Grand Couloir - and that was only really there to stop you falling further if you were hit by a falling rock! If people can't cope on such easy terrain, you have to question whether they should be there at all.
 peebles boy 22 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

If anyone can actually explain how the hell this thing is supposed to work, that would be great. All i seem to do is toggle between pictures of people doing things in the hills....?!?
 Phil Lyon 23 Jan 2016
In reply to peebles boy:

on the plus side, some stunning settings captured. The look-anywhere-you-want video of the summit plod is great.
 Babika 24 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I can't get it to work either, beyond the video.....
Quite annoying as I'd love to have a look at the Grand Couloir!
 jon 25 Jan 2016
In reply to Babika:

Nor me...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...