UKC

4-year-old climbing 6a, Discussion in Germany

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Fenna 24 Jun 2016
Hi

new video online: vimeo.com/171055738

In Germany some people say, the video is bad for his character, the parents make him bad, also this is no real onsight because of toprope, he should use no hip harness, only full harness...

What Do you think?
 winhill 24 Jun 2016
In reply to Fenna:

In the UK people dress their dogs in little costumes.

This is the same thing, people seeking validation through any means possible, using their offspring if necessary.
 duchessofmalfi 24 Jun 2016
In reply to winhill:

People seek validation by dressing their dogs in little costumes?
 zimpara 24 Jun 2016
In reply to winhill:

No different to taking a baby scrambling in a baby carrier/backpack thing.
 Morgan Woods 24 Jun 2016
In reply to Fenna:

I think the biggest crime is the music chosen for the video.
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

> People seek validation by dressing their dogs in little costumes?

he's right and 'They' carry them around in hand bags

Fenna; I think the kid should be playing on its game boy and stay away from walls ---------- walls are for REAL climbers, Aren't they?
 marsbar 24 Jun 2016
In reply to Fenna:

I agree about the full body harness, small children don't have defined hips, but the rest is up to him and his parents.
 AP Melbourne 24 Jun 2016
In reply to Fenna:

No, replying to all negative whingers actually ...
UKC seriously has way too many grumpy b*srds. Ashima - the Asian lass gets loads of 'likes' (well deserved) yet folk take the P out of that video? Really! F*ckn sad ...
Get over it - this is the new generation and with kisses from an obviously lovingMum is just so sweet.
Future world champion? Who Knows but please, give the kid a break ... don't crush his aspirations ... Well done little lad (and Mum).
'Dislikers' please name yourselves and say why - dare you ...
Cheers,
Andy (shockingly bad mood tonight)!

AP Melbourne 24 Jun 2016
In reply to Fenna:

Somehow I gathered the 'disikers' wouldn't 'fess up. Weak as p*ss hiding ... unless there's a way of checking that I (we?) don't know about?
Ah well, at least we're talking Brexitted hey ...
Night, night,
Mr effin' grumpy.

In reply to AP Melbourne:
Hey Mr Grump, rebadge 'dislike' with 'disagree' and never look at the button again.
The key to a serene online existence.
All the best, Paul
 Robert Durran 24 Jun 2016
In reply to Fenna:

Crap, irritating video in every way without even considering the age of the climber.
 Timmd 24 Jun 2016
In reply to marsbar:

> I agree about the full body harness, small children don't have defined hips, but the rest is up to him and his parents.

That's what I think - he's clearly enjoying it.
 aln 25 Jun 2016
In reply to Robert Durran:

Reassuringly curmudgeonly as ever.
 aln 25 Jun 2016
In reply to Timmd:

> That's what I think - he's clearly enjoying it.

I agree.
 ScottTalbot 25 Jun 2016
In reply to Fenna:

> Hi

> new video online: vimeo.com/171055738

> In Germany some people say, the video is bad for his character, the parents make him bad, also this is no real onsight because of toprope, he should use no hip harness, only full harness...

> What Do you think?

The video is lacking any sort of musical taste, which could be bad for his character. He's still on-sighting the route in whichever style he is climbing, as long as he isn't taking rests. I agree about the hip harness, it should be full (he is using a full harness in some of the video).

On the whole, I'd have to agree with Andy. No idea what the problem is really. Kids love climbing! My Nephew was climbing before he could walk (out of the cot, on the coffee table, up units etc). I'll be taking him to the wall as soon as he's old enough.

jsmcfarland 25 Jun 2016

Agree with your point, but not the wording. Why'd you let stuff like this upset you so much?
 AP Melbourne 25 Jun 2016
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

You're right Paul but seriously ... supposed grown-ups venting over a little lad with an obviously loving mother enjoying climbing. Probably just their own insecurities and envy that they can't do what he can.
Come on 'disagree-ers' - name & shame yourselves!
 AP Melbourne 25 Jun 2016
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Yeah, fair comment but I did pre-qualify it by saying 'bad mood'. No offense to anyone intended.
Shall curb my late night rants henceforth .. Ha!
Cheers,
A.
 Howardw1968 25 Jun 2016
In reply to Fenna:

All I saw was a kid having fun climbing in a professionally shot video.
What did I miss?
 jsmcfarland 26 Jun 2016

Keep ranting Andy, we all love it. Wouldn't surprise me if people just dislike your comments to wind you up. But maybe don't act like it bothers you so much. People love to hold a contrarian view =)
 stp 26 Jun 2016
In reply to Fenna:

Not sure about the criticisms. Criticising a 4 year old for not leading seems pathetic to me. As long as he's having fun surely that's what's important.

What I would say is about the video itself. I've done some video editing myself and I think putting together a video like that would take hours of work and quite a lot of skill. So the question is what is the purpose of the video? Why go to all that trouble? Also it comes across like an advertising video - but what's it actually advertising? So a bit weird but since I don't speak German maybe someone who does could explain.
 Offwidth 26 Jun 2016

Nah... don't let the 'disliking children' get away with their anonymous cowadice: please continue to express your disdain where appropriate. If we want the world to improve we need to fight for good and we don't get that from tolerating faceless sniping.
 AP Melbourne 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

Ta Offwidth, and jsMcf too ... am with you there ...
A little kiddie (same age as the one I once helped raise) having fun with a loving mother and some people (the sad ones) can only snipe and grumble. jsmcf you're quite correct ... I do take things a little to much to heart on here ocassionally - probably coz am an old fart and things had moved on when I blinked then realized!
56Kg - that's 8 less than my 'fighting weight' back in the day ... ooh, should make a comeback, Ha!
Best to all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...