UKC

Verdon Gorge Bivvy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hfisher 13 Jul 2016
Does anyone have any experience bivvying in Verdon Gorge? I've done a lot of internet searching and can't really find a lot.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Taa
altirando 13 Jul 2016
In reply to hfisher:

Easy enough to stroll down every day I would think. But an obvious place would be where the trail turns north at a junction, I remember wading the river there. Probably illegal.
 Mr. Lee 14 Jul 2016
In reply to hfisher:

Head up the hill as though heading for e.g les Dalles Grises but keep going. There's a bivi site eventually on your right in the woods. I can't remember distances but it was pretty obvious when you get there.
 jon_gill1 14 Jul 2016
In reply to hfisher:
Depends where abouts you want to be and if you have a vehicle or not,its quite a big area so where do you want to be?worth pointing out that the municipal camp site in la palud is very cheap and allows walking to and from the bar/shop/cafe etc and you will usually be able to thumb a lift upto the gorge!
 alpinist63 15 Jul 2016
In reply to hfisher:

as mentionned, the campsites 'à la ferme' and the one on the moustier side of the village are nice and cheap and within easy access to the pizza-bus and bar the very large campsite has less charme imo
for bivying: very nice spot when you continue up the road past the belvédères, at one point ( close to the highest elevation on the looproad) there s a dirtroad going right . you can't enter by car but there are very nice spots up there.
an other option is the 'terrain de l'amitié' informal campsite. on the way from the point sublimeto the couloir samson, once you leave the main road to go down to the parking, there's a small road down the left side where you can find a couple of tent sites. no equipment in place but calm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...