UKC

Top 40 posters - what's going on?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Hood 22 Jan 2017

Am I missing something (edit: keep it to in relation to this topic please )...

I looked at this thread and when you look at somebody in the top 10 it gives the number of posts this week and last week. If that person was also in the top 10 the previous week then surely the "last week" number of posts should be the same as the "this week" number of posts in that previous week.

And yet in 2017, none of them seem to be so (and presumably in 2016, 15, etc.). I suspect the "edges" of the weeks are defined in such a way that they are overlapping.

Similarly, if I look at the full top 40, I find that at no 37, I have apparently come down 30 positions; i.e. I was at position 7 last week. I'm pretty sure I wasn't, I hadn't posted nearly enough to make the top 10.
Post edited at 10:29
 JJL 22 Jan 2017
In reply to Michael Hood:

Pub posts get deleted after a ?couple of days
OP Michael Hood 22 Jan 2017
In reply to JJL: I seem to think (from a long time ago) that it's a week, but maybe that's what's going on.

krikoman 22 Jan 2017

Does it matter who's top?
In reply to krikoman: Not at all, just inquisitive me noticing something that didn't make sense.

Andy Gamisou 22 Jan 2017
I pointed out this discrepancy a while ago. I was ignored. I even told 'them' why it occurs. Expect the same. Ho hum.
In reply to Scotch Bingington: Why does it occur? Definition of weeks, down t'pub posts or another reason?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...