UKC

Siurana Guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bobb 23 Jan 2017
Hi, does anyone know a good source for the Siurana Guidebook? Going there end of Feb and Climb Europe are out of stock, Cordee is pre-selling the 2018 edition for later delivery... Doesn't seem to be coming up very easy on google but that might just be me being an idiot.

Can you get it there? The group is not climbing particularly high grades so guidebook is going to be essential for cherry picking. Any other alternative guides/topos recommended?

Also any tips in general from some regulars?

Thanks.
 tjoliver 23 Jan 2017
In reply to Bobb:
Pretty easy to pick one up in the local town of Cornudella. Go to the local climbing shop (called Goma 2 if I remember right). Also available at several other locations in town. For what it's worth, most people seem to prefer the slightly out-of-date guidebook from a few years back rather than the latest one from Toni.
Post edited at 12:41
In reply to Bobb:

Siurana is available via the Rockfax App for £4.99 if you have an iOS device. It is pretty up-to-date.

Alan
 Mowglee 23 Jan 2017
In reply to Bobb:

I'd recommend the Tarragona Climbs book over the Toni Arbones one - easier to use, more info, and crucially it highlights all the deathtrap chosspiles which Toni has bolted in the last few years. Handy if you want a day at Margalef too.
 1poundSOCKS 23 Jan 2017
In reply to Mowglee:

> I'd recommend the Tarragona Climbs

It had some obvious errors, mixing up a few lines at Grau dels Masets de Baix. But I didn't use it much, so I don't know if that's typical. The Siurana definitive (not Toni's) I've used a fair bit and not had any problems.
 GDes 23 Jan 2017
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

second recomendation for Tarragona climbs. You get the best of Siurana, plus Montsant, Margalef, the cave at Masriudoms, Arboli, and loads of other great crags. Very good book.
 zv 23 Jan 2017
In reply to Bobb:

Hi Toni has just published a new guide available at the campsite. There are actually quite q large number of new climbs especially at the sector La Reina Mora.

I recommend getting it from him as he is the main bolter of the place and has invested a huge amount of time developing the place.

He told me while I was there he was planning on publishing all the info for free online as well. I am not sure if this is online now and it could help for a short visit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...