UKC

Top Gear.....four episodes in and?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 27 Mar 2017
I have to admit it but this new serise is very enjoyable to watch. Everybody is bringing something interesting to the show and there appears nobody wants to upstage the other.

However Roy seems to be side lined with the smaller cheaper toys. Shame really as he is fun to watch with his infectious positive mentality.

And Sabine is just sex on a stick.
 Chris Harris 27 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

I think I'm quite good.
 bouldery bits 27 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

It turns out I like Chris Harris.

A lot.

OP The Lemming 27 Mar 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

> It turns out I like Chris Harris.A lot.

I like him more, now that he is trying not to shout down the guests while they roam around the race track.

nathan79 27 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

It's just okay for me. Not a fan of Chris Harris, but he doesn't make me want to not watch it. Not that I really watch it, more I have it on, which is still more than I can say for the previous series.
 gethin_allen 27 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:
I caught a bit of it last week while visiting my parents.

Tedious boring scripted drivel, Yawwn.

Certainly not going to rush out and get a TV to watch this tripe. Even my dad thought it was crap and turned over.
 Chris Harris 27 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

The major improving factor is the departure of Mr Evans.
 Chris Harris 27 Mar 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

> It turns out I like Chris Harris. A lot.

Quite right, too.
 The New NickB 27 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Definitely works better without Evans and Jordan. I'm actually enjoying it much more than The Grand Tour.
 Fraser 28 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

I've seen most of a couple of the latest episodes and quite enjoy it. Leblanc is finding his place, Harris is okay and the other guy is fairly decent (sorry, I don't know who he is or what his background is). Although it still comes over as very scripted, I feel as if it's improving.

Sabine Schmitz was great in the new GTi on the Nurburgring the other week.
 Yanis Nayu 28 Mar 2017
In reply to The New NickB:

Me too.
 Jim Lancs 28 Mar 2017
I think it's beginning to find its feet.

Hopefully the two 'junior' members will learn to relax a bit when they get a bit more experience.
OP The Lemming 28 Mar 2017
In reply to Jim Lancs:

> I think it's beginning to find its feet. Hopefully the two 'junior' members will learn to relax a bit when they get a bit more experience.

Seems like Roy is getting the shitty end of the stick when it comes to seeing nice places and driving nice cars.

It seems as though all Roy gets, is a bit part on the sofa and a token drive of the smallest budget car of the week. Chris and Mat do work well together and make the jokes amusing and not too cheesey. An example would be the James Bond and villain shtick the other week.

Must check out the latest series of Episodes as well.

Timmd 28 Mar 2017
In reply to Jim Lancs:
> I think it's beginning to find its feet. Hopefully the two 'junior' members will learn to relax a bit when they get a bit more experience.

Ditto, I think the cast has a natural chemistry or rapport that it didn't have before. It'll not replicate Top Gear of old, which is arguably not a bad thing, and I can't see myself making sure I watch further episodes, as I'm not that much of a car fan, but as far as the presenter chemistry goes, it seems pretty decent to me.
Post edited at 21:08
 Jim Lancs 28 Mar 2017
<<Seems like Roy is getting the shitty end of the stick when it comes to seeing nice places and driving nice cars.>>

Well, it was apparently three series before James May joined the other two out on one of their adventures. It all takes time to find out what works. But at least it seems like it's worth waiting.
 The New NickB 28 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Roy is actually called Rory Reid. I don't think he is a supercar kind of guy, he loves his hot hatches.
 FactorXXX 28 Mar 2017
In reply to The New NickB:

Roy is actually called Rory Reid. I don't think he is a supercar kind of guy, he loves his hot hatches.

Bet he's a bit jealous though...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...