UKC

The NHS is safe in Tory hands

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 13 May 2017

Prove to me that statement has one shred of truth.
Post edited at 21:06
Moley 13 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Why?
 abr1966 13 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

It's not true at all....but rather than be honest about cutting it they pretend otherwise....then again the Tory party opposed the formation of the NHS so it's no surprise!
 Big Ger 13 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

What is "truth"?
 radddogg 14 May 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

You can't handle the truth!
Mrbumbly 14 May 2017
In reply to Rob Powell LC&CC:

I agree
OP The Lemming 15 May 2017
In reply to Moley:

> Why?

Do you think the NHS could survive anther 5 years of Tory rule?
 marsbar 15 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Something about hamsters and pythons according to a former Conservative PM.
 summo 15 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

> Do you think the NHS could survive anther 5 years of Tory rule?

Do you think the nhs will survive 5 more years of under funding by any party?

Ps. Of course it will survive. The question is how good will it be. A reasonable listen is this non political view of funding public services.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08pgbvg
In reply to Moley:

> Why?

Because of cost cutting excersise by Jeremy (c)Hunt.

One of his cost cutting exercises exacerbated the world wide malware encryption which sucked in the NHS.

This is from a quote on an NHS encryption thread

We're told 16 NHS health trusts in the UK were taken out by the malware. Prime Minister Theresa May said the code "has crippled" Brit hospitals, and that Blighty's surveillance nerve center GCHQ is looking into the outbreak. The NHS is thought to have been particularly hard hit because of the antiquated nature of its IT infrastructure. A large part of the organization's systems are still using Windows XP, which is no longer supported by Microsoft, and Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt cancelled a pricey support package in 2015 as a cost-saving measure.

What else is being cut back, waiting to be a ticking time bomb?
 GrahamD 15 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

XP was always considered one of the more stable operating platforms which does more than enough for the average PC user(pretty much de rigeur for test equipment for instance). Don't know what would have happened if the NHS had wasted millions on Vista.
 summo 15 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:
> . The NHS is thought to

Is thought? Is that like factually proven? The malware hit 100s of companies in 100s of countries. Whilst many of their systems might not be perfect, the over riding factor will be human error in relation to the opening, forwarding of virus ridden external communications. Staff training will fix as much as fancy IT.
Post edited at 10:44
In reply to summo:

> Staff training will fix as much as fancy IT.

And will this Staff Training fix the exceptionally low morale?

Or understaffed positions?

Or waiting times?

I'm sure there are more examples if you want me to go on.

Moley 15 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

> Do you think the NHS could survive anther 5 years of Tory rule?

Yes.
 summo 15 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

> And will this Staff Training fix the exceptionally low morale?Or understaffed positions?Or waiting times?I'm sure there are more examples if you want me to go on.

Are you suggesting the NHS should spend a few billion upgrading computers but invest no time in teaching people how to use them properly?

Perhaps if staff were more IT savvy they could work more efficiently, more confidently etc.. I bet we all know someone whose IT use is dreadful. 2 finger typing, makes limited use of applications, phones people to see if they got their email etc...

In reply to summo:

> Are you suggesting the NHS should spend a few billion upgrading computers but invest no time in teaching people how to use them properly?

Fek me!

There is more wrong with the NHS than how it stores its data.
 muppetfilter 15 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:
The first thing they need to do is ascertain peoples desire to vote Conservative, once this has been done then they should be prioratised for charges and longer waiting for treatments or just thrown out into the carpark to be set upon by packs of Pitbulls to let them know exactly what the Fox feels like at the end of a hunt.
Post edited at 17:01
 summo 15 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:
> Fek me!There is more wrong with the NHS than how it stores its data.

Of course, never said there wasn't. If you recall my other posts I've suggested a several percent rise in the base rate of tax to fund it. So why does everything have to be an either option. Can't people think to fix more then one thing at a time?
Post edited at 17:09
Lusk 15 May 2017
In reply to summo:

> If you recall my other posts I've suggested a several percent rise in the base rate of tax to fund it.

You've got to love (from what I've read of their posting on here) a comparatively wealthy individual, who doesn't live in the UK, happily proposes we all pay more Tax!
 summo 15 May 2017
In reply to Lusk:

> You've got to love (from what I've read of their posting on here) a comparatively wealthy individual, who doesn't live in the UK, happily proposes we all pay more Tax!

I think it's the only way the UK will have the public services it desires. No point in millions of people complaining about the schools, health etc... if they aren't prepared to pay to improve them. I understand complaining is a national pastime, but I'm sure some folk would be happier with improved services and nothing to moan about.
In reply to Lusk:

Even if that was accurate, Summo has a point. If you want something, or a good service then you have to pay for it.

I would not complain if I had to pay more tax if I knew that it went directly to the NHS. I am also painfully aware that part of the money I pay in tax goes to paying my wages. I'm paying tax to pay my wages. My brain hurts.
 Big Ger 16 May 2017
In reply to Lusk:

> You've got to love (from what I've read of their posting on here) a comparatively wealthy individual, who doesn't live in the UK, happily proposes we all pay more Tax!

Maybe, sometimes, it's good to get a view from people who aren't embroiled in the situation, someone with different experience and information, rather than just your narrow parochial views.

On the other hand, if anyone living abroad were to dare to express a view contrary to yours, you could always personally attack them, and insult them. That will REALLY fix the NHS's problems, won't it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...