UKC

NEWS: David Fitzgerald - Voyager Sit 8B+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 May 2017
David on Voyager SS, 3 kbThis week's Friday Night Video follows Irish climber David Fitzgerald on Voyager Sit Start 8B+ at Burbage North. After sending Deliverance 7B+ and The Ace 8B, David set his sights on Voyager sit start 8B+. Remarkably, David has only been climbing for five years.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

Great vid! Nice one Dave.
 afx22 26 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome. It's such an imposing boulder in the flesh.
 Karl Bromelow 27 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

That was a brilliant film. I watched it together with my young lad who is just getting serious about bouldering and he was enthralled. Uplifting and a delight to watch.
 aln 27 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Good wee film, but how is that a sit start?
 Si dH 27 May 2017
In reply to aln:
Did you watch to the end?

It's good to see a nice film about the efforts put in to a single hard problem. Must have taken a lot of time and effort to put together.
Post edited at 08:02
 JKinsella 27 May 2017
In reply to aln:

I guess because he was sat on the ground to start? Traditional use of the term?
 deacondeacon 27 May 2017
In reply to aln:

> Good wee film, but how is that a sit start?

Err, because he started sitting. It's fairly self explanatory.
 Valkyrie1968 27 May 2017
In reply to JKinsella:
I rather suspect that he only watched the first bit, which shows David climbing what is clearly stated as being "Voyager Stand Start" at 1:07, but missed that useful bit of text, and then didn't stick around for the rest.

The really worrying thing with this video is the (horrific over)use of 'allez', which was rather sickening - I hope never to hear that at Burbage North while I'm there getting in my umpteenth ascent of Ash Tree Wall.

On a less shitey note, for a 17-minute video that essentially focuses on one boulder problem, it was pretty bloody good.
Post edited at 08:36
In reply to UKC News:

Great effort & a nice vid.

Loving the babble from the spotter :-D

aln 27 May 2017
In reply to Valkyrie1968:

> I rather suspect that he only watched the first bit, which shows David climbing what is clearly stated as being "Voyager Stand Start" at 1:07, but missed that useful bit of text, and then didn't stick around for the rest.

That's exactly what happened. I blame a bottle of red..
 sensibleken 29 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Maith an fear
 stp 29 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Great effort by Dave. Got to say this is a superb film too. I was slightly put off by the length so didn't get round to watching until now. So many bouldering vids are fairly boring but this one really captured the difficulty and feel of the ascent. Top marks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...