UKC

Soundgarden

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 29 May 2017
Not a band I knew well, although Black Hole Sun obviously fantastic, and I thought Chris Cornell's Bond song was great. After the recent loss of Chris I've been listening to Superunknown, what a brilliant album. Great riffs and drumming, and what a voice. And looking at the credits, he not only wrote the lyrics, but most of the music. Tragic how someone so talented can't find peace with themself and find themselves in such a dark place. Glad I found Chris's music, sad it was this way.
 ThunderCat 29 May 2017
In reply to aln:

Mind Riot always gave me goosebumps. Slaves and Bulldozers was also pretty awesome...(not sure what albums they were on)
 plyometrics 30 May 2017
In reply to aln:

If you've not already, give Audioslave a listen too. Different to Soundgarden, but still very much Cornell.
 Stichtplate 30 May 2017
In reply to aln:
Liked Soundgarden but Mudhoney were always my favourite grunge/Seattle band. Superfuzz Bigmuff in my top 3 albums.
Post edited at 08:12
In reply to aln:

Superunknown and Badmotorfinger have been on constant rotation on my iTunes since Chris died.
He truly was a talented guy, working with a superb bunch of musicians in both Soundgarden and Audioslave.
Superunknown is in my top 5 albums of all time, no filler, brilliant songwriting and playing, and all with a vocalist the equal of Plant and Rodgers.
Worth at least checking out Audioslave's first album while you're exploring
 Dell 31 May 2017
In reply to aln:

As an added bonus, get the Temple of the Dog album, a few great Cornell tracks on there too.
All of the Soundgarden stuff is great though, even the earlier and later stuff.
mick taylor 31 May 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

If you like those, you might like The Monkeywrench, which is essentially Mudhoney plus others. Seen Mudhoney plenty times, and one of my highlights was watching them play 'Great Down Here', which is a Monkeywrench song. Brilliant.

Stichtplate 01 Jun 2017
In reply to mick taylor:

Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a listen tonight.
OP aln 03 Jun 2017
In reply to aln:

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely give Audioslave a listen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...