UKC

When will the Tory knives come out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 10 Jun 2017
May's toxic team being blamed for the election humiliation, these are the hard Brexiteers.

The Tories aren't shy about assassination so will there be a new line up soon, which won't include Johnson, Davis, Gove, Fox et al.

The Tories undeniably had a strong remain consensus before the referendum (now read soft-brexit camp) perhaps with Hammond as the most senior voice. May would have got rid of him if the election had gone her way - now she hasn't.
 plyometrics 10 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Personally, I'd love moves put into place to see Ruth Davidson elected as PM.
 Postmanpat 10 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

The problem is that the members get the final choice of leader so, unless the MPs refuse to countenance a "hard brexiteer" as candidate, we will likely get one. Not,I suspect, that we will get much choice in the manner of brexit.
pasbury 10 Jun 2017
In reply to Postmanpat:

They didn't last time!
 Postmanpat 10 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

> They didn't last time!

The members? True.

There is no obvious leader in waiting.
 Yanis Nayu 10 Jun 2017
In reply to Postmanpat:

Amber Rudd seems to be an actual version of the myth the Mail perpetuated about May.
 BnB 10 Jun 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Amber Rudd seems to be an actual version of the myth the Mail perpetuated about May.

A very sharp cookie that one. I'd have her or Davidson.

r0b 10 Jun 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Rudd almost lost her seat; no way would they elect a leader who sits in a marginal constituency
 BnB 10 Jun 2017
In reply to r0b:

> Rudd almost lost her seat; no way would they elect a leader who sits in a marginal constituency

Can't they move her at the next poll?
 Yanis Nayu 10 Jun 2017
In reply to BnB:

> A very sharp cookie that one. I'd have her or Davidson.

I've only seen her on that debate and at the time hadn't realised that she'd just lost her father. I don't know, but I'm not sure May on steroids is what either the country or the Conservatives need now. I think they need someone more unifying for the country, a bit of humility but with a bit of steel as well. Nobody jumps out at me. I don't know enough about Davidson. She does at least seem human.
 Yanis Nayu 10 Jun 2017
In reply to BnB:

> Can't they move her at the next poll?

Yep. I'm not sure that's how it should work though.
 RomTheBear 10 Jun 2017
In reply to BnB:
> A very sharp cookie that one. I'd have her or Davidson.

Davidson I sort of get it, but Amber Rudd ? Another one who hates foreigners who are "taking British jobs" really ?
Post edited at 15:17
 Dell 11 Jun 2017
In reply to plyometrics:

> Personally, I'd love moves put into place to see Ruth Davidson elected as PM.

Yeh, cos having a Scottish PM went down really well last time round.
 Dauphin 11 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Tory Pro EU Grandee stitch-up. Faced with facilitating a Brexit they did not want senior Tory cabinet members and Tory party sponsors exploited the well known weaknesses of T.M. as a leader to facilitate self sabotage of the election campaign and swing the vote in progressives favour. No hard Brexit.

Plausible deniability within the party, an excellently expendable scape goat, not a popular figure in the party, the 'leave' electorate non the wiser.

The Woman who would be Queen.

Hmmmn?

D
 Dauphin 11 Jun 2017
In reply to plyometrics:

> Personally, I'd love moves put into place to see Ruth Davidson elected as PM.

All the appeal and loyalty of a prep school milk monitor. LGTBT stance went straight out the window when support for the party called for it. Embarrassing.

D
 Timmd 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Dauphin:
Pro EU Tories stitched up May by advising her to hold a snap election?
Post edited at 17:24
 Dauphin 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Timmd:

Who knows. Their whole campaign was a slow motion shit show. Why base the campaign on her personality / character, when its clearly so media weak? Why? Who benefits?

D
 Dauphin 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Timmd:

There was nothing 'Snap' about it. Despite her whimsical deflections.

D
 Timmd 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Dauphin:
I probably wouldn't underestimate the possibility of May doing a political miscalculation to be honest. Have heard that her two main advisers aren't popular within the party, and that there could be calls for them to be sacked, or else other members could make things (even) more difficult for her.

I'm a liberal Remainer, and even I want whoever negotiates on our behalf to have some kind of credibility, I'm covering my eyes a little bit at what's happening. We don't really have time for this...
Post edited at 18:53
 Jon Stewart 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Timmd:

> Have heard that her two main advisers aren't popular within the party, and that there could be calls for them to be sacked

Sacked already - keep up!
 Timmd 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:
Ah! I should buy the papers and listen to Radio 4 more.
Post edited at 18:57
 MG 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Timmd:

> I probably wouldn't underestimate the possibility of May doing a political miscalculation to be honest.

It's a good point. What will she get wrong next? Quite possibly NI, which would only leave Scotland before a hatrick of constitutional cock ups!

Lusk 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Sacked already - keep up!

Resigned - Keep up!

The woman's a puppet while the boys are waiting for the shit to stop the fan running ...
 krikoman 11 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:
About two weeks.

Anna Soubry, anyone?
Post edited at 21:05
In reply to krikoman:

It didn't take her long to get stuck in did it? I'm surprised Gove, Johnson and Loathsome (sic) didn't join in with the fun too. But then the Tory membership don't forgive regicidal maniacs.
pasbury 11 Jun 2017
In reply to MG:

> It's a good point. What will she get wrong next? Quite possibly NI, which would only leave Scotland before a hatrick of constitutional cock ups!

I'm sure the kingmaking role of the DUP is already wildly popular amongst republicans in NI.
 Big Ger 12 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Boris for PM!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...