UKC

Bargain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 26 Jun 2017
1 Billion plus extra flexibility in how they spend an already committed half billion to secure the co-operation of the DUP.

Is this good value for money?
 andyfallsoff 26 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

That depends. Good value for whom?
Lusk 26 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

> 1 Billion plus extra flexibility in how they spend an already committed half billion to secure the co-operation of the DUP.
> Is this good value for money?

Buying their Parliamentary majority with OUR money.
No it isn't!
 Greasy Prusiks 26 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

I wish I'd known that the tories were up for buying votes before the election.

I live in a marginal seat and would definitely have sold my vote for a slice of £1 billion.
pasbury 26 Jun 2017
In reply to andyfallsoff:

Us taxpayers - it's our money
 BnB 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Lusk:

You were happy for Corbyn to buy votes with my money.

What's the difference?
 JLS 26 Jun 2017
In reply to BnB:
>"What's the difference?"

The difference is JC said what he was planning on doing with your...OUR money BEFORE the election. Fortunately/unfortunately, depending on your point of view, the electorate decided to give TM the keys to the safe. Which, now we find, she is raiding just to keep herself in a job.jj
Post edited at 18:35
 broken spectre 26 Jun 2017
In reply to JLS:

Strength and stability at all costs innit?
 mrphilipoldham 26 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

As it also the Northern Irish..
 Yanis Nayu 26 Jun 2017
In reply to BnB:

> You were happy for Corbyn to buy votes with my money.

> What's the difference?

Can't you work it out? Really?
 Oldsign 26 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

This means she's finally found the magic money tree! Now all the nurses, firefighters and police can have their long overdue pay rises!

Oh wait..
 Pete Pozman 27 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

No good can come of this. What a very dangerous thing to do. We are talking about Ian Paisley's NO SURRENDER party. They are, at least, very good at not surrendering.
The Bastards of the Tory right are somehow wangling another "win" but have not an idea of consequences just as with the whole Brexit project. Sigh...
 Billhook 27 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

The money was grown on their; "Magic money tree", - the one they denied having a while ago!!
 summo 27 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Perhaps a review of the Barnet formula is required?

But the money will still be spent in the UK, so it's not all bad, even Adams said so.
 andyfallsoff 27 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Terrible value for us. Quite good value for May...
pasbury 27 Jun 2017
In reply to summo:

Adams is Northern Irish - he has pound sign revolving in his eyes.
 summo 27 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

> Adams is Northern Irish - he has pound sign revolving in his eyes.

Of course. He said depending how it was used and spent it could risk peace, but also that any money spent over there was also good for ALL of the people.
In reply to andyfallsoff:

> Terrible value for us. Quite good value for May...

Yes, we pay out in taxes to be ruled by a government that includes a far right party with terrorist links while May uses other people's money to make political history by becoming the first ever unelected prime minister to serve two terms of office.
 jonnie3430 27 Jun 2017
In reply to Rylstone_Cowboy:

Not quite true, but don't let it get in the way of you broadcasting it to the wider world...
 GrahamD 30 Jun 2017
In reply to Rylstone_Cowboy:

> Yes, we pay out in taxes to be ruled by a government that includes a far right party with terrorist links while May uses other people's money to make political history by becoming the first ever unelected prime minister to serve two terms of office.

"I can barely express my anger' at deal with DUP"

I urge you to listen to my local Conservative MP (for whom I didn't vote) on the issue. She speaks very eloquently about why it is the wrong thing to do (and why she is likely to remain backbench in this government). It is unfair to tar all Conservatives with the same brush.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2017/jun/29/heidi-allen-i-can-ba...
pasbury 30 Jun 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

I reckon someone ought to have a deep look at any financial deal involving the DUP. They have a bit of form on the old financial irregularities ; this RHI thing plus channeling of funds during the referendum campaign because they don't have to declare sources.

I'm not sure there are enough degrees of separation between the DUP and the old loyalist paras, who were basically mobsters most of the time.
 GrahamD 30 Jun 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Well if they don't get the power sharing sorted, hopefully the fund management will happen from Westminster.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...