UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Lena Herrmann on Battle Cat 8c+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Jul 2017
Lena Heerrmann Battle Cat 8c+, 3 kbThe impressive story of Lena Herrmann's ascent of Battle Cat (8c+) in the Frankenjura.

Read more
 Andy Say 15 Jul 2017
In reply to UKC News:

That was really good!
 Lewis Grundy 15 Jul 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Great to see video covering the time between red points as well as beautiful climbing footage - a little essay on motivation
 Dave Todd 15 Jul 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Wow! Just loved this little gem! Beautifully filmed (with great use of slow/fast footage) and great sound-tracking.

Lena's eyes as she sticks 'the move' are priceless.

Very inspiring, on many levels.
 Si dH 16 Jul 2017
In reply to UKC News:

This is a really good little vid.

Being constructively critical, the length of the subtitles spoiled it a little bit for me as they were just too long. It would have been better if they had been put up in smaller chunks. As they were, they covered quite a bit of the screen and left me concentrating more on trying to read them than watch the footage at times. If it was post-processed by ukc to add these, then it could be done better next time.
I did enjoy it though.
 slab_happy 16 Jul 2017
In reply to Si dH:

As a practical point, the video is by Scarpa and UKC are just linking to it; I don't think UKC had anything to do with the subtitling.
 Si dH 16 Jul 2017
In reply to slab_happy:

I just wondered if ukc had done the uk version. Doesn't matter anyway.
 jwi 16 Jul 2017
In reply to Si dH:

I was curious enough to turn on the subs, and you're right. Way to big blocks of text. I don't know if this is due to youtube's software for captions or not.

Anyway, hard to complain since it's free, and I imagine that the subs make this video a lot more enjoyable for many who wouldn't otherwise see it.
 Esoterical 16 Jul 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I often watch these videos with my children, luckily not this one. How about some warning of ridiculously unnecessary swearing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...