UKC

The Trigan Empire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Hood 07 Aug 2017
Does anyone else remember this? In the comic Look & Learn if I remember correctly.

I always wonder why it's never been made into a film.
 OMR 07 Aug 2017
In reply to Michael Hood:

It started off in The Ranger, which was amalgamated with Look & Learn to become 'Look & Learn & Ranger' for a brief time before the 'Ranger' part was dropped, although the content remained a mix of the two. Remember the Trigan Empire well. I loved it, but my older brother always told me it was very derivative. Remember the weird mix of swords and rayguns.
 Welsh Kate 07 Aug 2017

Yes, it was one of my favourite bits of 'Look and Learn' (the only 'comic' that my parents allowed us to have, because of its educational content).
 ripper 07 Aug 2017

I can just about remember childhood visits to an older relatives' house where the only thing I could do to entertain myself was dig out the hundreds (it seemed) of old Look and Learns, randomly stacked, from the cupboard under the stairs, and spend hours trying to piece together a coherent Trigan Empire storyline. I don't think I ever succeeded.

Anyway this might be of interest:
https://bearalley.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/trigan-empire-movie.html
 hokkyokusei 07 Aug 2017

Wow, I had completely forgotten about that!
 graeme jackson 07 Aug 2017

IIRC the main protagonist was the unimaginatively named Trigo. We had several full years worth of copies all nicely bound in huge red look and learn binders. Probably worth a mint on evilbay - mum threw them out!
 hang_about 07 Aug 2017
In reply to Welsh Kate:

> Yes, it was one of my favourite bits of 'Look and Learn' (the only 'comic' that my parents allowed us to have, because of its educational content).

Same here!
 Postmanpat 07 Aug 2017
In reply to Welsh Kate:

> Yes, it was one of my favourite bits of 'Look and Learn' (the only 'comic' that my parents allowed us to have, because of its educational content).

Same here but the Ranger bit was what I really liked.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...