UKC

Thank you!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BusyLizzie 18 Sep 2017
I've asked a few questions on here in recent months about distance running, and have had hugely helpful and encouraging replies. Yesterday I ran my first marathon, in 5 hours 16 mins. Not fast, but not bad for a first attempt aged 55 and within a minute of the time I planned; I had a lovely day with almost no stress and was still smiling at the end. Thank you all for your help and encouragement.
 Greasy Prusiks 18 Sep 2017
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Congratulations!
Deadeye 18 Sep 2017
In reply to BusyLizzie:

> I've asked a few questions on here in recent months about distance running, and have had hugely helpful and encouraging replies. Yesterday I ran my first marathon, in 4 hours 76 mins. Not fast, but not bad for a first attempt aged 55 and within a minute of the time I planned; I had a lovely day with almost no stress and was still smiling at the end. Thank you all for your help and encouragement.

Fixed that for you.

Well done!
Gone for good 18 Sep 2017
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Brilliant.
Well done you and do you intend to keep running?
My ex wifes Gran ran the London in 4 hours 22 minutes aged 72 and ran her last London Marathon aged 91 so age doesn't have to be a barrier!
 Yanis Nayu 18 Sep 2017
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Go you!
 Dave Todd 18 Sep 2017
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Really well done!
 yorkshireman 18 Sep 2017
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Well done, glad you finished with a smile on your face as that's the only thing that counts!
Moley 18 Sep 2017
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Congratulations, good result and just keep on enjoying your running, that way you keep on going.
 Calvi 18 Sep 2017
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Brilliant.
OP BusyLizzie 18 Sep 2017
In reply to Gone for good:
> My ex wifes Gran ran the London in 4 hours 22 minutes aged 72 and ran her last London Marathon aged 91 so age doesn't have to be a barrier!

That is truly awesome. I certainly have no plans to stop running, so maybe I can aspire to tht record! 91!!!!
OP BusyLizzie 18 Sep 2017
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Thank you all. Big smiles!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...