UKC

Partner for Alps June 2018 & South America 2019

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jones_88 20 Apr 2018

I'm looking for a mountaineering partner for a trip to South America  at some point in 2019.

I'm hoping to summit a few 6000m summits of no greater difficulty than AD next year over a 3 week trip. There are  plenty of peaks and countries to choose from so I'm not dead set  on any specific area as of yet, although Bolivia is looking like a favourite. 

I'm struggling to find anybody that will commit to a trip for such a long duration, would anybody be interested in the trip?

Before  heading out I'd like go to the Alps this year with said person for a week or two  to ensure we get on well, can climb safely together and both have similar end goals. 

So firstly would anybody like to come to the alps for a week or two sometime in mid June - July with the possibility of a trip to South America next year ?

More of a mountaineering than climbing trip with objectives such as Mt Blanc via the durier hut over the Aiguille de Bionnassay  south ridge.

I haven't updated my log book in a while, I'm happy leading VS and PD+ without a worry. 

If if you're not interested in a trip to South America then I'm still looking for a partner in the alps  this June regardless,so feel free to PM me if that's all you can do.

Thanks

Wyn

Post edited at 17:31
 THE.WALRUS 20 Apr 2018
In reply to Jones_88:

Cordillera Blanca - you won't struggle to find a climbing partner in Peru. Just lurk around (the late) Jo's Place in Huaraz.

It's rather more difficult in Bolivia. I ended up hiring a local guide for afew weeks...very reasonably priced, and no problem if  want to take the lead.

OP Jones_88 21 Apr 2018
In reply to THE.WALRUS:

Ok thanks for that I'll bear it in mind , I think I'd still  rather go out with a partner I've climbed with before rather than go all of that way for a chance of meeting  up with somebody. 

I forgot to mention I have a fair amount of Scottish winter experience ( seconded up to  grade V without struggling ) and am happy to  lead up to grade III. 

Partners must also be able to tolerate my bad jokes for up to  weeks ,this may  be the most difficult part of the trip .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...