UKC

Recommend me some trousers (with a 30" leg)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 whenry 01 Jun 2018

Almost all of my trousers have now got too many holes in, but almost all the climbing trousers I've found on sale have got long legs (and I can't be bothered to get the sewing kit out). Any recommendations for trousers suitable for the short-legged (preferably in bright colours)?

Thanks.

Sl@te Head 01 Jun 2018
In reply to whenry:

I've also got short legs, I've found Rab and Montane trousers fit without needing any stitching. For climbing I think short legs and a positive ape index combine well, definitely an advantage at times

OwenM 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> I've also got short legs, I've found Rab and Montane trousers fit without needing any stitching.

Montane trousers come in short, medium and long so they're great. All the Rab trousers I've ever tried on only come in 36" legs, no good when you've only get 29" legs.  

Climber Phil 01 Jun 2018
In reply to whenry:

I’ve got some Mountain Equipments in a 30 leg. I think they do a few options with this leg length

pookie 01 Jun 2018
In reply to whenry:

Prana do a few models in short leg - I've had 3 pairs of Tucsons (a bit slimmer cut than the Bronsons) and they are super comfortable.

alx 01 Jun 2018
In reply to whenry:

A pair of Prana mojo shorts could be a good alternative.

OP whenry 05 Jun 2018
In reply to whenry:

Thanks all for the suggestions - I'll check those out.

Gavin 05 Jun 2018
In reply to whenry:

As someone else with a short inside leg I've found the following to be OK:

Kuhl - tend to be beige/green

ME - as mentioned previously, they do a 29/30ish length in some styles

Also:

Berghaus - they do one of the paclite goretex over trousers in a short.

olddirtydoggy 05 Jun 2018
In reply to whenry:

Mountain Equipment Comici.

Post edited at 15:44
 MonkeyPuzzle 05 Jun 2018
In reply to whenry:

Marmot certainly used to offer short, medium and long options. I'm about a 30" inside leg and my short Marmot softshell pants fit perfectly.

Tony Jones 05 Jun 2018
In reply to pookie:

Prana Bronsons for me. The 'short' version equates to about 30" inside leg. Just watch the waist sizes as they are a bit on the large size.

pass and peak 08 Jun 2018
In reply to whenry:

If your on a budget I've just bought a pair of these: I'd go a size down on the waist though as 33 seams a bit baggy on me. Seam alright for the price but haven't tried climbing in them yet. If you get a pair pick a different crag to me, don't want to clash!! https://www.outdoorlook.co.uk/regatta-mens-questra-ripstop-knee-panel-softs...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...