UKC

INTERVIEW: Perfect Partners #10 - Rab Carrington and Martin Boysen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 07 Jun 2018
Martin Boysen and Rab Carrington., 4 kbIn this series of articles, Tom Ripley interviews some well-known climbing partnerships to dig up their dirty secrets and find out what they really think of one another...

Rab and Martin started climbing together regularly in the early eighties when they both had young families, demanding careers and limited time off. After an abortive trip to Latok, they both gave up alpinism and have been climbing around the world together ever since.

Read more
 Motown 07 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC Articles:

Best perfect partners article yet.

pneame 07 Jun 2018

Really enjoyed that. Heartwarming. Pictures complement the interview perfectly

danm 07 Jun 2018

Legends!

Macca_7 08 Jun 2018

Surely Mr Boysen deserves to have his complete name on the article link from the main page!

Rich Kirby 09 Jun 2018

Great stuff.

Keep on trucking guys.

andi turner 10 Jun 2018

Totally brilliant. Role-models and legends both.

Can't believe I've only just got round to reading that, brilliant interview + answers.

I'm not quite sure when I first met Rab, but an early occasion was probably around five, possibly six years ago when I was attempting (and eventually succeeding) on Mortlock's Arete at Chee Tor. I think Rab and Martin were on Meditation, but recall Rab coming over for a chat, not least to jibe me about how much of a meal I'd made out of the start (and I had, I must have gone up and down around 12 times before I eventually committed). I enjoy that cutthroat, but ultimately good humoured banter between climbers and climbing partners. It was certainly clear Rab + Martin had it in abundance, as they didn't stop laughing all day - both at me and each-other.

paul mitchell 02 Jul 2018

Martin's talent for taking the mick is equal to his talent for climbing.

rachcrewe 11 Jul 2018

Great article Tom (and great pictures). 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...