UKC

New helmet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marky 27 Jun 2018

Looking for recommendations to replace an ageing Petzl Meteor. The BD Vector looks good - thoughts?

kermit_uk 27 Jun 2018
In reply to marky:

About 5 years ago I replaced an old elios with a vector and loved it, fantastic alround helmet.

A couple weeks ago I replaced that with the new sirocco and it is so light in comparison. The magnetic chin strap is a great feature as well.

It feels better ventilated and in white is cooler in the sun I think. Great lid.

Haven't had it long enough to comment on durability but always heard good things about the previous version.

TobyA 27 Jun 2018
In reply to marky:

Try them on. Of course having the lightest foam helmet is great, but they can be quite different shapes so a Vector might be hopeless for you.

UKC Forums 27 Jun 2018
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 olddirtydoggy 27 Jun 2018
In reply to marky:

Worn the first edition Sirocco for a good while and love it. I hear the new version sits a bit better under hoods.

galpinos 27 Jun 2018
In reply to marky:

The new Meteor in the UKC vid looked good, might be a wait though.

tehmarks 27 Jun 2018
In reply to marky:

Just bought a new Sirocco (now that it doesn't look like some form of magical fungus and seems to be more widely available in a sensible colour - ie 'not black'). Have worn it for a couple of alpine days and a few token sport routes over the past week or so - very impressed. So light you can barely feel you're wearing it, sits reasonably well over a thin hat/Buff and is well-ventilated. Not a fan of the magnetic buckle, but you can't have everything.

That said, if it doesn't fit you it doesn't fit you. I'd go into a shop and try the options on to make sure you don't end up stuck with a helmet that doesn't really fit your head shape.

Marmolata 28 Jun 2018
In reply to marky:

Petzl Boreo is great value IMO. Just bought one for the lady, works quite well. Not Superlight but still sub 300 g and not expensive.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...