UKC

Prince William in the Middle East

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 krikoman 28 Jun 2018

Can we expect peace now Prince William has been to visit?

As an aside, I've noticed the BBC has been calling his visit different things depending on which news I'm watching / listening to.

Radio 4 he's been to the "Occupied West Bank"

BBC1 he's been to the "Palestinian Territories"

Rigid Raider 28 Jun 2018
In reply to krikoman:

I couldn't help wondering what brand of sun cream he uses on his bonce.

OP krikoman 28 Jun 2018
In reply to MG:

Interesting cheers, strange that one section of the BBC is using different language though.

There was a bit of controversy before Willy's visit because of the "occupied" part. The Israeli's put out the palaces document, which used the word occupied, but they removed it (the Israelis) before publishing it.

It's obviously important

Phil79 28 Jun 2018
In reply to krikoman:

> Can we expect peace now Prince William has been to visit?

We can probably expect arms sales to continue at record levels.

In reply to krikoman:

With both Prince William and Jared Kushner on the job how can there not be peace?

subtle 28 Jun 2018
In reply to Rigid Raider:

> I couldn't help wondering what brand of sun cream he uses on his bonce.

Indeed  -he's bald and his brothers a ginger.

Not much going for them, other than their Royalty and associated millions.

GrahamD 28 Jun 2018
In reply to subtle:

> Indeed  -he's bald and his brothers a ginger.

Half brother.

Trangia 28 Jun 2018
In reply to krikoman:

How did he keep that funny black cap on? He's bald so couldn't use a hair clip. Superglue??

Mike Highbury 28 Jun 2018
In reply to Trangia:

> How did he keep that funny black cap on? He's bald so couldn't use a hair clip. Superglue??

Twat. 

OP krikoman 29 Jun 2018
In reply to Mike Highbury:

Uh oh! That didn't last long.

FactorXXX 29 Jun 2018

> Tw*t. 

Wouldn't a merkin be the preferred option for covering a bald one of those?

Mike Highbury 29 Jun 2018
In reply to krikoman:

> Uh oh! That didn't last long.

I guess not; T has form, you know?

The Lemming 29 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

> Half brother.

How did you work that out?

They both have the same mother and they speak, like, posh,like, you know.

GrahamD 29 Jun 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

Harry Hewitt.  Defo.

aln 29 Jun 2018

> Tw*t. 

Humourless tw*t. 

profitofdoom 29 Jun 2018
In reply to krikoman:

Good question

What I am wondering is WHY ON EARTH we allow Prince William to speak for the UK in the Middle East. Is he an expert now?

Maybe it is based on the brilliant diplomatic record of his uncle Andrew. Or his Dad

Bah humbug

Sir Chasm 29 Jun 2018
In reply to profitofdoom:

Yes, it's a real worry. I mean, he might put his foot in it and cause some sort of incident in an otherwise peaceful and stable corner of the world.

profitofdoom 29 Jun 2018
In reply to Sir Chasm:

> in an otherwise peaceful and stable corner of the world.

Even more reason why Prince William should not be sent there

Further to my last post, here is a BBC article about Prince Andrew's brilliant diplomatic record which I mentioned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12663378

OP krikoman 29 Jun 2018

> I guess not; T has form, you know?

Wow, was it that insulting you needed to call him a tw*t though?

I might have called it something similar, because without looking it up I can't remember what the name is. ( I'm doing this more often, not just for Jewish things either!!, simply getting older).

Didn't you chastise me for losing my sense of humour the other day?

I've just looked it up and my search phrase "Jewish little hat" - Kippah

Or if you're on the other side a taqiyah, is very similar.

OP krikoman 29 Jun 2018

> Even more reason why Prince William should not be sent there

> Further to my last post, here is a BBC article about Prince Andrew's brilliant diplomatic record which I mentioned:

Ha ha "Spoke 'cockily'", now there's a clever trick

GrahamD 29 Jun 2018

> What I am wondering is WHY ON EARTH we allow Prince William to speak for the UK in the Middle East. Is he an expert now

I think on balance I'd have him speak for the UK over our official 'mouthpiece Boris' right now.

Sir Chasm 29 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

I'm sure Boris wouldn't make whatever egregious diplomatic mistakes that profit thinks Wills is making https://www.indy100.com/article/updated-a-map-of-all-the-countries-boris-jo...

The Lemming 29 Jun 2018
In reply to Sir Chasm:

> I'm sure Boris wouldn't make whatever egregious diplomatic mistakes that profit thinks Wills is making https://www.indy100.com/article/updated-a-map-of-all-the-countries-boris-jo...

I think you are mistaken, isn't that a map of the British Empire?

Andy Gamisou 29 Jun 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

> I think you are mistaken, isn't that a map of the British Empire?

Can't help but that appropriate somehow.  Dunno why....

In reply to The Lemming:

I was at a charity ball a couple of years ago and happened to find myself sat at the same table as JK Rowling. Lovely lady as it happens, I was a bit awkward at first as it can be intimidating talking to famous people. I wasn't really sure what to say, so I asked her about Harry's father and she thinks it's James Hewitt too.

Ridge 29 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

> I think on balance I'd have him speak for the UK over our official 'mouthpiece Boris' right now.

Phil the Greek or Peppa Pig would be an improvement over Johnson.

The Lemming 29 Jun 2018
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Irrespective of who the sperm doner was, I'm sure both Prince Harry and Prince Charles know who brought him up in the role of father.

Isn't that what really matters, rather than for our titillation and amusement?

In reply to The Lemming:

Like Owen Lars, I think we can agree Charles has done a good job.

The Lemming 29 Jun 2018
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Ooo, what a great game.  For example who'd make a great Solo or Jaba?

In reply to krikoman:

> Wow, was it that insulting you needed to call him a tw*t though?

That racist pig lives in the SE and knows full f*ck well what it is and why what he said was so evidently insulting. 

In reply to aln:

> Humourless tw*t. 

Didn't you get over taunting Jews when you were at school? Or didn't you go very often?

Ridge 29 Jun 2018

> That racist pig lives in the SE and knows full f*ck well what it is and why what he said was so evidently insulting. 

He lives in the SE?

Burn him!

aln 29 Jun 2018

> Didn't you get over taunting Jews when you were at school? Or didn't you go very often?

I've never taunted Jews and how dare you suggest it. And I did fine at school. But never mind me, carry on throwing insults around then throwing that card in when you get them back.

Removed User 29 Jun 2018

No, Trangia isn't a racist but you really are behaving like a humourless tw*t.

I think you need to reflect upon your frame of mind.

subtle 29 Jun 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

> Ooo, what a great game.  For example who'd make a great Solo or Jaba?

Now that deserves a thread of its own!

Hmm what about Zara as Princess Leia?

Rob Exile Ward 29 Jun 2018

It isn't clear to me. 

wintertree 29 Jun 2018

I literally have no idea what you are on about.  None.

In reply to wintertree:

> I literally have no idea what you are on about.  None.

Then what do you hope to gain by saying so?

wintertree 29 Jun 2018

> Then what do you hope to gain by saying so?

Well from my view someone has gone full on apeshit over nothing at all obvious.  It makes me wonder if the person you are so virulently slagging off also doesn’t have a clue.

Given the deeply unpleasant things you have said about another poster, I thought a reality check might be in order.

Perhaps I’m just too clueless.  You could always explain (to answer the question you posed me...)

Ridge 30 Jun 2018
In reply to wintertree:

> Well from my view someone has gone full on apeshit over nothing at all obvious.  It makes me wonder if the person you are so virulently slagging off also doesn’t have a clue.

I suspect it's all about referring to a kippah as a 'funny black cap'.

IMHO it falls into calling a rasta's headgear, (which I have no idea what it's called), a teacosy or maybe referring to an arab as a 'raghead'.

Not really PC, but not really a hate crime either, (unless you have a thin skin and are looking to be offended).

Mike Highbury 30 Jun 2018
In reply to Ridge:

> Not really PC, but not really a hate crime either, (unless you have a thin skin and are looking to be offended).

It's a minor insult, of course, but sophomoric and people should have got over this by now. But I'm mistaken, obviously, because those above illustrate that this sort of this still has an audience.

nufkin 30 Jun 2018

To give the benefit of the doubt, presumably the point of the post was to poke fun at William's lack of hair, rather than the funniness of the black cap. Though perhaps '<i>little</i> black cap' would have been a better choice of words

wintertree 30 Jun 2018
In reply to Ridge:

Thanks for taking the time to explain your interpretation.  

> IMHO it falls into calling a rasta's headgear, (which I have no idea what it's called), a teacosy or maybe referring to an arab as a 'raghead'.

I have no idea what any of them are called.  

I took “funny” in Trangia’s post to mean “unusual” rather than “ha ha let’s laugh at the Jew”.  It didn’t occur to me that anything unpleasant was intended by it.  In retrospect I can see that a less ambiguous wording would have avoided this eg “little black Jewish hat that I don’t know the name of”.  

I also think ‘raghead’ is offensive against a person, whereas ‘funny hat’ says noting about a person but a cultural artefact.  Shouting racism against a less than complementary description of a cultural artefact to me is not justified.  

In the context of a hat related to religious or cultural tradition:

• That is a funny hat - not a hate crime 
  • You are funny because you wear that hat - hate crime 
  • I’m not going to employ you because you wear that hat - hate crime 
  • Blowing things out of all proportion on UKC - hat crime (note - this is a bad attempt at a pun playing on my awful spelling).
Post edited at 11:17
Bellie 30 Jun 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

When folk say oh he's obviously James Hewitt's lad on account of him being ginger, might just as well say listen to me I say stupid things.

OP krikoman 30 Jun 2018

> Didn't you get over taunting Jews when you were at school? Or didn't you go very often?

Blimey Mike, FFS smoke a joint or something, I don't think anyone was poking fun at Jews, you may know Trangia better than me, but imply from what's been written it's hard to see the insult.

Whereas you remarks are somewhat, less opaque.

Trangia 30 Jun 2018

I didn't know what that hat was called and if my choice of words offended you I apologise. My post was a jibe at Prince William's baldness, but don't now accuse me of being anti Royalist. I think I have every right to poke fun at baldies being one myself. And since we are on the subject, how does a bald man keep a kippah (now I know what it's called) in place?

If you find the question offensive, then I give up......

Post edited at 17:03
 Mike Highbury 30 Jun 2018
In reply to Trangia:

> And since we are on the subject, how does a bald man keep a kippah (now I know what it's called) in place?

> If you find the question offensive, then I give up......

A drawing pin.

Or a hair-grip which gives it some weight in one of the corners, so to speak, or to attach on to one's bouffant should one be so afflicted.

Post edited at 17:39
 GrahamD 02 Jul 2018

> A drawing pin.

That would explain at least some of the wailing,

OP krikoman 02 Jul 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

> That would explain at least some of the wailing,

Woah, you'll be in trouble soon!!

Mike Highbury 02 Jul 2018
In reply to krikoman:

> Woah, you'll be in trouble soon!!

Yay! I was going to reply with the drawing pin first but went with hyperbole instead bc it's far more fun to go for the jugular, as my people have come to understand.

GrahamD 02 Jul 2018
In reply to krikoman:

> Woah, you'll be in trouble soon!!

Not really.  It would be pretty tame coming from, say, Frankie Boyle.

OP krikoman 02 Jul 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

mack 02 Jul 2018

> It's far more fun to go for the jugular, as my people have come to understand.

You're a vampire? Cool

Jim Fraser 03 Jul 2018
In reply to krikoman:

I suppose it's quite novel for the British to involve someone in Middle East affairs who hasn't got the usual qualification of being responsible for the deaths of large numbers of Arabs.

OP krikoman 04 Jul 2018
In reply to Jim Fraser:

> I suppose it's quite novel for the British to involve someone in Middle East affairs who hasn't got the usual qualification of being responsible for the deaths of large numbers of Arabs.

Or who isn't making a load of money out of it.

This was quite interesting https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b86z4v

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...