UKC

Kalymnos Onsightable 7b's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GravitySucks 30 Jul 2018

I guess the title say's it all, looking for recommendations for onsightable (not a word apparently)  quality 7bs, non-cruxy would be preferable but other than that, all suggestions gratefully accepted.

I need a focus to keep me off the beer and cake until autumn

Ta!

JLS 30 Jul 2018
In reply to GravitySucks:

Of the 7b's I've done, I'd say these would be decent for onsight tries...

Elizabeth (7b)

Eros Telendos (7b)

Dandan 30 Jul 2018

Lucky Luca (7b) springs to mind immediately, what else can I find in my logbook...

Fire Wall (7b) was pretty steady from memory

Poppy (7b) was one of the best steep routes I've done at the grade, although it's a bit of a trek to the crag.

Lulu in the Sky (7b) I've not commented in the logs which infers it was pretty straightforward

Aurora (Part 1) (7b) I think is downgraded in places but great techy vert climbing.

OP GravitySucks 30 Jul 2018
In reply to JLS:

Thanks for the suggestions, these both look good !

OP GravitySucks 30 Jul 2018
In reply to Dandan:

Have done Lulu and Firewall but the others look interesting. Thanks.

whenry 31 Jul 2018

Ergo (7b) - a good rest, quite pumpy, but generally sustained rather than cruxy.

A couple more ideas:

Armata Sikati (7b) Not sure it's that easy but a brilliant route. Keep pushing hard to the top

Gladiator (7b) Quite an easy one so could be a good contender. Perhaps slightly sequency through the crux 

Dandan 01 Aug 2018
In reply to Gerry Gradewell:

> Gladiator (7b) Quite an easy one so could be a good contender. Perhaps slightly sequency through the crux 

I kept this one off my list because of the bouldery start, If you can figure it out from the floor (there'll be plenty of chalk to guide you of course) then yes, the rest goes pretty comfortably but that start is intense!

Agree 7B Lulu in the sky and Gladiator.

Post edited at 19:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...