UKC

Ulassai recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emilio Bachini 04 Apr 2019

Hello folks,

In addition to the article below, does anyone have any route recommendations up to 7c. Maybe some places to eat too? Many thanks in advance, Emilio.  

https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/destinations/ulassai_-_a_sardinian_gem-...

Post edited at 13:44
 Iamgregp 04 Apr 2019
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

I'm a few grades below you so there's little for me to recommend (though Vision Crack at 6a would make a great warmup for you) but there are so many great lines there you can't go far wrong.  Try and avoid the routes near the massive hanging boulder thing on the right though, seems to be the prime poo spot, you'll know it when you find it.

I'd very much recommend getting the Ulassai guidebook http://www.climbingulassai.com/guidebook-2/ as the Pietra Di Luna guide doesn't have a great deal of stuff in for the canyon. 

Didn't eat in town so can't reccomend anywhere.

99ster 04 Apr 2019

> Maybe some places to eat too? Many thanks in advance, Emilio.  

There's a brilliant pizza place called Pizzeria Gian Battista in the middle of Ulassai.  Very popular with the locals.  Super friendly staff & ridiculously cheap. Fabulous handmade pizzas - happy days!

Post edited at 15:11
 Marmolata 04 Apr 2019

The just updated Jerzu guide book includes that area. Just bought it for Easter and it has lots of choice. 

aln 04 Apr 2019

Great cheap advertising. Well done!

In reply to aln:

For what? Please explain? 

aln 04 Apr 2019

> Please explain? 

You and your friends have made some posts which are advertising your businesss.

In reply to aln:

Oh okay, really?

Maybe you should consider that to my knowledge I’ve never spoken or written a single word to anyone on this post before, in real life or online.

It was a genuin question, about a genuin trip in May.

Your ability to connect two far away dots is impressive, only because I’m being optimistic, I think most people would see it as you’re bored and spend your days haphazardly commenting in online forums.

Good day to you Sir, all the best, Emilio. 

Jonathan Emett 05 Apr 2019

Cleo and snake eye are both good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...