UKC

PRESS RELEASE: Leo Houlding leads new team to explore heights of the lost world

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 31 Oct 2019
Leo Houlding has revealed details of a major expedition that will start next month. Leading a team of six, Leo will set out to climb a new route on the 600m, continually overhanging Prow of Roraima in Guyana. In a trip that is being sponsored by Berghaus, the team will include Anna Taylor, the latest addition to the brand's line-up of athletes, who will be taking part in her first major expedition.

Read more
 plyometrics 31 Oct 2019
In reply to UKC Gear:

“Pristine untracked jungle, in a country with one of the highest levels of bio-diversity in the world.”

I’m not sure what to say... 

Exile 31 Oct 2019
In reply to UKC Gear:

It looks like another amazing adventure, but is it just me who thinks that calling your team a 'crew' and referring to an expedition as a 'quest' makes is sound a bit like a Pirates of the Caribbean sequel?

pasbury 31 Oct 2019
In reply to plyometrics:

> “Pristine untracked jungle, in a country with one of the highest levels of bio-diversity in the world.”

> I’m not sure what to say... 

I'm sure it's possible to leave no trace, after all whole civilisations have disappeared under the forest.

Flying there will do the damage.

plyometrics 31 Oct 2019
In reply to pasbury:

Agree re the flying and I’m hardly squeaky clean when it comes to air travel.

Just sad to think that, as humans, we’re not content leaving “pristine untracked jungle” as simply that; particularly in this day and age.

john arran 31 Oct 2019
In reply to plyometrics:

In my (rather extensive) experience of Venezuelan rainforest, any trace left from the approach is usually pretty hard to find again when trying to find the way out two weeks later!

Post edited at 19:40
 Mr. Lee 31 Oct 2019
In reply to UKC Gear:

> Leo Houlding leads new team to explore heights of the lost world. 

Bit of a shame that Jeff Goldblum won't be joining this time but I guess things have to move on. 

pasbury 31 Oct 2019
In reply to plyometrics:

Humans live in the jungle. There is no such thing as 'pristine' wilderness. There's nothing wrong with humans being part of that ecosystem, even if they're wearing goretex.

Let's be sensible.

Billhook 01 Nov 2019
In reply to UKC Gear:

How will they find it if it is "lost"?

Dr.S at work 01 Nov 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Usually by asking mummy

jon 01 Nov 2019
In reply to UKC Gear:

> Leo Houlding has revealed details of a major expedition that will start next month. Leading a team of six...

These Berghaus press releases... I always get the image of Leo marching off into the jungle at the head of his platoon, with pith helmet and a pair of  those huge Eric Morecambe shorts.

Toerag 01 Nov 2019
In reply to UKC Gear:

Surely it's easier to get a chopper to the top and Ab it......?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...