UKC

PODCAST: Factor Two - S3 Ep.8: Hard Grit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 28 Oct 2020

Hard Grit: arguably Britain's most iconic climbing film.

When it was released in 1998, the film Hard Grit gave us an insight into something we didn't often see - the actual ascents of the hardest, most dangerous lines on grit.

In this episode, Wil Treasure chats to Seb Grieve, Niall Grimes and Rich Heap about how Hard Grit came about and how it became a part of the climbing culture it reflected.

Read more

Ed Thomsett 28 Oct 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

Would love to see Hard Grit. Anyone know if it's still available to buy anywhere/ pay to watch online, or anyone got a copy they'd part with?

Wil Treasure 28 Oct 2020
In reply to Ed Thomsett:

It's not available to stream anywhere at the moment and Rich didn't sound too bothered about it!

I bet there are VHS and DVD copies kicking around in the back of shops somewhere. I "loaned" mine to a friend who I think sleeps with it under his pillow. I ask him about it regularly but it's never been forthcoming.

Maybe we need a UKC exchange service? Like those phone boxes that have been turned into libraries. We can stash a few copies behind the remains of the flake on Parthian Shot, under a rock near New Statesman and stick in a few copies of One Summer and Best Forgotten Art too.

PaulJepson 28 Oct 2020

I could listen to Seb and Niall all day. Seem like a right couple of wankers but wankers you'd love to be mates with.  

Blake 30 Oct 2020

I'm surprised it hasn't ended up on Youtube if nobody is bothered about the rights/sales etc.

Post edited at 16:14
 planetmarshall 30 Oct 2020
In reply to Wil Treasure:

I have an mp4 burned from the DVD which I purchased (I should also still have the DVD in a file somewhere). Would be happy to upload it if the copyright owners gave permission.

Wil Treasure 30 Oct 2020
In reply to planetmarshall:

I've asked Rich about this to see if we can get it up somewhere.

Wil Treasure 30 Oct 2020

It seems there's an issue with music rights, which is why it isn't available online any more.

You can drop Rich an email through Slackjaw to get a DVD copy. A less discerning user might message another forum user instead... Or "wait for it to be ripped for YouTube" Rich says.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...