UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Anna Taylor aims to be first woman to complete continuous Classic Rock round

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 03 Aug 2021

Climber Anna Taylor is about to start an attempt to be the first woman to complete a continuous round of every route that features in 'Classic Rock', the iconic guidebook written by Ken Wilson. Carrying all of her kit with her, Anna will cycle between each set of routes, covering 2,400 kilometres and climbing over 10,000 metres. The climbs are located around the UK, from the North West Highlands of Scotland, to the spine of Wales, and down to the south west tip of Cornwall. Accompanied by adventure photographer Marc Langley, Anna will start her Classic Rock Tour in Cornwall on Saturday 31 July. She is being supported by Berghaus, which has supplied her with the latest performance outdoor kit and will be showcasing her progress online.

Read more

oliwarlow 03 Aug 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

best of luck Anna! hope you have a brilliant time and look forward to hearing about it when you finish on Skye!

In reply to oliwarlow:

> best of luck Anna! hope you have a brilliant time and look forward to hearing about it when you finish on Skye!

I remember reading the article about yours and thinking it sounded amazing journey.

It's something I'd love to do someday, but the thought of sitting in a saddle for that long brings tears to my eyes. I'd need to put some serious time and effort into toughening my bottom up before giving it a go...

For those who haven't read it, Oli's article about his own journey can be found here: https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/features/classic_rock_by_bike-11284

Iamgregp 03 Aug 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

It's been great seeing Anna progress from a "one to watch" to a bona fide star of UK climbing, being the first woman to achieve this will put a huge marker in the sand!

Go Anna! 

Chris Sansum 04 Aug 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

Excellent - a great challenge. Apart from anything else, it must be a huge cycling distance to link all of the routes. Hope she manages it and has a good time.

Bobling 09 Aug 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

Can anyone give me a link to some sort of progress page?  Berghaus link 404'd and I'm not on any of the other platforms...

Have a great trip Anna, one form my bucket list for sure.

Bobling 09 Aug 2021
In reply to galpinos:

Do I need to be logged in to see it?  I'm not on Insta and don't really want to be...I've hit the link and think it shows me a couple of pics of the Devil's Slide and perhaps one of gearing up beneath Exhibition slab at Avon?  Sorry I'm not trying to be difficult.

Bobling 09 Aug 2021
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

Awesome, thank you.  Wow that's a lot of cycling!

Theo Moore 10 Aug 2021
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

Thanks for posting that Thugitty - we'll also have weekly update reports from Anna written specifically for UKC from next week.

Ian Dunn 13 Aug 2021
In reply to UKC Gear: great trip for 2021 and all the overseas travel related problems, hope you really enjoy the experience and don’t suffer too much on the cycling 🚴‍♀️!! Lots of fun routes to enjoy if the weather is kind. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...